★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Paper Pilot UPDATED! :)

01-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Paper Pilot UPDATED! :)

here is a link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301639092&mt=8

what's new?

1) made the qualification times EASIER.
2) adjusted the control of the plane to allow you to climb and dive at a greater angle and without having to tilt the phone as far forward or back
3) fixed the bug allowing the devices screen to dim to quickly
4) update the look and feel of the menu

Last edited by pante; 02-19-2009 at 09:39 AM. Reason: spelling
01-27-2009, 10:18 PM
how is the paper pilot update?

i noticed today that on my app sniper paper pilot had an update and was wondering how it is? the game looks cool but im holding off because i heard the framerate is bad. i also heard that the dev has said that you will be able to fire pencil missiles and have dogfights with other airplanes later on when another update comes out.

01-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Is the update you saw on appsniper the one enabling you to dogfight and stuff? If thats the case then looks like i'll be buyin payback AND paper airplane.
It seems rather quick though; the dev was just talking about implementing these things like last week.
01-27-2009, 10:22 PM
no the update was for

* Made the qualification times EASIER.
* Adjusted the control of the plane to allow you to climb and dive at a greater angle and without having to tilt the phone as far forward or back
* Fixed the bug allowing the devices screen to dim to quickly
* Update the look and feel of the menu
01-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgamer1224 View Post
i noticed today that on my app sniper paper pilot had an update and was wondering how it is? the game looks cool but im holding off because i heard the framerate is bad. i also heard that the dev has said that you will be able to fire pencil missiles and have dogfights with other airplanes later on when another update comes out.
The framerate is fine. It can get choppy, but you can fix it with restart. It's kind of a memory hog apparently.
01-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgamer1224 View Post
no the update was for

* Made the qualification times EASIER.
* Adjusted the control of the plane to allow you to climb and dive at a greater angle and without having to tilt the phone as far forward or back
* Fixed the bug allowing the devices screen to dim to quickly
* Update the look and feel of the menu
Oh. Thats disappointing, although i figured it was too soon for what seemed like such a hefty update.
Anyone know when the dev is planning on releasing the update enabling you to shoot and whatever? Cause then this game is good as gold.
02-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Limited time sale from $2.99 to $1.99 going on right now.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc