★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Assassins Creed 2: Overrated?

02-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Assassins Creed 2: Overrated?

I believe (and this will be greeted with roars of outrage) that Assassins Creed 2 is right now one of the most overrated games on the app store. In myind, it simply a hack-and-slash with stunning graphics. The only test is how quickly you can mash the attack button. There is not depth: simply move, kill a guy, jump a platform, run, kill some more guys, run some more, and jump a couple more platforms. I am sure that many of you disagree with me, so tell me: what makes Assassins Creed 2 special? Why is it more than a jazzed up hack and slash? What justifies it's price tag? Or do you agree with me that it is incredibly overrated? Looking forward to quite a debate
02-02-2010, 11:05 PM
I have to agree. Don't flame me too much plz.

02-02-2010, 11:07 PM
I agree. Worst part is, it's just not the same game! Your 2D In a 3D enviroment, cool it's Mario with a sword on ectasy...fun game

The Life Blog
Minecraft
02-02-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm enjoying it, but I have to agree it is fairly overrated.
02-02-2010, 11:11 PM
I don't think it's overrated. I like it because it's extremely fast paced, has great animations, a ton of replayability, and an interesting story.

back
02-02-2010, 11:11 PM
I really hate to agree with this, but I think I have to. I don't think it's a bad game. I really enjoyed the gameplay actually, as well as the visuals, and the zooming in during a kill. However, you're right, it's a 3d game compressed to a 2d sidescroller, and it doesn't do the title justice. I'm not hating on this game, but I do think that its getting a bit more praise then it deserves. But remember, this is all just my opinion.

Beta Testing/ed: Undercroft, Baseball Superstars 2010, Battle for Wesnoth, Fuzion, Twilight Golf, Indestructible Tank, Nanomechs Online Multi, Plushed, Ground Effect, Castlecraft, Inotia 2, Boom it Up, Guerrilla Bob, Caligo Chaser, Vanquish, IMO, Crunchy Orbs, Zenonia 2, Luna Story, Aralon, Shadow Era, Hybrid 2
02-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruho View Post
Why is it more than a jazzed up hack and slash? What justifies it's price tag?
Well, for one, it's not a hack and slash game.

In any event, this is a pointless thread. People who love the game will disagree with you; people who don't will agree. No debate.
02-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Its a good game, doesn't run as smoothly as I hoped on my Touch. There are a lot of areas that could use improvement..I'm about 40% through and have yet to unlock a new weapon..So I'm thinking there aren't any new weapons. In which case that leaves you with the basic 1-2-3 combo, and counters. The moves aren't anywhere varied enough, I'm already tired of the same things over & over. The vast amount of stealth missions is also fairly annoying..

EDIT:

But don't get me wrong, it is a good game.
02-02-2010, 11:13 PM
From what I'm gathering, it doesn't live up to the "Assassins Creed" name. But as a side scroller, is it any good?
02-02-2010, 11:14 PM
overrated, but not as much as when gta came out