★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PuppetGear
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 11.0 MB
  • Version: 1.8
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: "Makeout Mania is like popping a mint before making your move." - Bronze Award, Pocket Gamer

"Silly, fun, flirty, sassy! Challenges players to think of new twists and solutions to the puzzles. Great music, cute noises, colorful graphics, and adorable animations. I can't put it down!" - Phyrephlye

Now with Game Center achievements and leaderboards!!

This chain-reaction puzzler puts you in the shoes of a cupid playing match maker! As the God of Love and Mischief, you'll shoot unsuspecting students with your magic love arrows and watch them grab somebody for a kiss!

Its up to you to help kids find love and avoid the hall monitors. Play through 30 levels of frenzy inducing puzzles and then graduate to Mania Mode where you can compete with friends Game Center!

High School has never been this much fun!

Play 30 levels of increasing complexity and mania!

Meet a variety of students from the hippie class-clown to the love-immune emo.

Check out the High School Yearbook for character backgrounds and gossip.

Explore unique puzzle mechanics with totally unique gameplay

Follow us @ twitter.com/puppetgear

Awe's comments:
Just showed up on the app store for me. Won't get a chance to play tonight, but will post impressions tomorrow.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/makeout-mania/id353119444?mt=8

Quote:
In Makeout Mania, you play the role of Cupid on Valentine’s Day. Your goal is to create the most ridiculous kissing chain reactions possible by plucking soul mates with your Love Frenzy arrows.

Makeout Mania will include 30 Puzzle levels and a 60 second bonus mode called “Mania” where you can challenge your friends’ high scores through Facebook.
The gameplay is pretty crazy, and we’re extremely happy with the vibrant artwork and all the unique characters in the game.
02-02-2010, 11:52 PM

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

02-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Looks interesting. Anyone tried this one yet ?
02-03-2010, 12:12 AM
This reminds me of Emergency Dangerous : Fire Fighter, which I liked.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
02-03-2010, 12:15 AM
a video of the gameplay would be very nice
02-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
This reminds me of Emergency Dangerous : Fire Fighter, which I liked.
looks like a game rich or big albie would love

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
02-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
looks like a game rich or big albie would love
Nooo! Big Albie, where are you! You just had to leave

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
02-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Pretty neat little game.

In the puzzle mode you play as cupid shooting kids with arrows which puts them in some crazy love-frenzy, looking to kiss the next (opposite sex) person in sight. This creates a chain reaction of grade-school-children-spreading-mono. The puzzle comes in as each character has a person who they really like and you will get bonus points getting them together. There are doors, to lead to other floors and you are given a limited amount of keys so you must choose your kissers wisely. Also, there are some obstacles; teachers who you must avoid and "emo" kids who are immune to your love-poison arrows.

The "Mania Mode" is a 60-second frenzy where you try to rack up as many points as possible. '

Overall, for 2$ it's a good game (especially if you love the Plus+ system).

Last edited by Awe; 02-03-2010 at 12:34 AM.
02-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awe View Post
Pretty neat little game.

In the puzzle mode you play as cupid shooting kids with arrows which puts them in some crazy love-frenzy, looking to kiss the next (opposite sex) person in sight. This creates a chain reaction of grade-school-children-spreading-mono. The puzzle comes in as each character has a person who they really like and you will get bonus points getting them together. There are doors, to lead to other floors and you are given a limited amount of keys so you must choose your kissers wisely. Also, there are some obstacles; teachers who you must avoid and "emo" kids who are immune to your love-poison arrows.

The "Mania Mode" is a 60-second frenzy where you try to rack up as many points as possible. '

Overall, for 2$ it's a good game (especially if you love the Plus+ system).
Hmm, I don't know..."shooting kids with arrows"? That sounds kind of...A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
02-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Anyone else tried this game? It seems a little strange but the graphics do look nice.