★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Any good Space Action Games (X-Wing, etc.)?

02-03-2010, 03:58 AM
Any good Space Action Games (X-Wing, etc.)?

I've tried to find a good one, similar to X-Wing, Tie-Fighter, Wing Commander, etc. My girlfriend's been askin' me and I can't seem to find one.

02-03-2010, 05:58 AM
Space Invaders Infinity Gene.
Meteor Blitz.

02-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Whoooaaahhhh View Post
I've tried to find a good one, similar to X-Wing, Tie-Fighter, Wing Commander, etc. My girlfriend's been askin' me and I can't seem to find one.

From the examples you're giving, I would look into Galaxy on Fire. If you want something short and sweet (and on rails), check out Galactic Gunner. There's also Star Pagga (though I haven't tried it), Above and Beyond (not technically in space, but similar action), Flatspace (which is more strategy/RPG, but has an action component), and Pirate Wings (only if you have a 3Gs or 3rd Gen iPod Touch). Maybe Space Trek, too. There are a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

EDIT: Well, I guess there's also that Star Wars Trench game, thought it's supposed to be very short.
02-03-2010, 08:22 AM
I would die to see another Galaxy on Fire
(with more content variety, though)
02-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Jarek Send a message via MSN to Jarek Send a message via Skype™ to Jarek
Yes, I strongly recommend Galaxy On Fire.

Because FISHLABS is creator of Galaxy on Fire 2 for Java-enabled phones, I am sure You are going to experience also this game on Your iPhone as soon as possible

"Art does not reproduce, what we see. It rather makes us see"
02-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Galactic Gunner is really fun.

Galaxy on Fire is more involved, but still fun in its own way - if you like a deeper game.
02-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Galaxy on fire is really fun....until you get the best ship/guns/etc....then you have all this firepower, and nothing to do with it

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
02-03-2010, 11:39 AM
On that note...

I'm looking for a good top down space combat and strategy game. If anyone has played Star Control and Star Control 2, you know what I'm talking about.

I know that there are Space War clones (Star Control 1 was one of them), but I'm interested in something that has a strategy element. The full version of star control was basically a sort of "board game" involving a starfield in which players would create starbases, colonies, mining colonies and the like, and the goal was to destroy the other army.

Star Control 2 was more RPG than strategy, it involved resource collection, but it had adventure elements and the ability to pay for upgrades to your basic ship.
02-03-2010, 12:09 PM
I can recommend Space Miner: Space Ore Bust! We just submitted, actually - should hopefully be up on the app store soon. It's got space combat, ore collection, ship upgrades, all that good stuff

You can check out all the details here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=41939

Alex - Venan Entertainment
02-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Editing post, since v_kain beat me to it