★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Felipe Oliveira
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The objective of this game is to create as many words as possible using the given letters.
Each letter has a corresponding number of points. For each correct word, you earn the sum of all the points in that word. Two additional seconds are added to the timer for each correct word.

Be careful with wrong words, they take points off of your score.

Pay attention to the clock, the game ends when the time is over!
An useful hint: if you can't create new words using the current letters, just shake the device to get a new batch of letters.

FelipeOliveira's comments:

Hi guys

I'm here today to announce the updated version of Letter Hunter.

Letter Hunter got a few suggestions from the users of this forum and I decide to some of them. (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=19338)

The most important new feature is the global highscores, where the players can compete globally and prove that they are the best Letter Hunter in the world.

I have 15 promos codes of the full version, so send me a PM if you want one.

Letter Hunter FULL can be purchased through iTunes for $0.99 at

Also you can try the free version of the game. The free has no global highscores and a smaller board, but still a great fun and a chance to test the game before buy the full version

Let me know what you think about the games and any suggestions to updates is very appreciated.

02-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Awesome! I love word games.
02-03-2010, 08:36 AM
PM sent!
02-03-2010, 05:03 PM
I sent a PM

Plushed is Awesome

Try out plushed lite (itunes link http://bit.ly/cVNaWf), the best game for the iphone, and then buy it!
02-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks very much for the promo code!

The game looks nice, cute and polished. But I just love word games and puzzles! I'll give it a try now and post my impressions later.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-04-2010, 11:51 AM
I received a promo for this game.

This game looks good and the touch controls work great. I have played around five games so far and it is different enough from the other five or so word games that I own.

Point deduction if you spell a word that doesn't exist.

Can use any letter on the board, they do not need to connect.

Nice music that can also be turned off.

Online leaderboards

Things that could be better...

Unlimited shake, which will bring up new letters. This makes it a little too easy to change the letters and pick new words. Since correct words extend the timer, a good player could play for a while.

No quick or blitz type mode.
02-18-2010, 09:46 AM
I played this game and here is my review:

There is no sequence to form when choosing the words. Basically, you just need to find letters to form words. Correct words have scores, wrong words deduct your scores.

Great game if there is multiplayer game mode in future where a couple can play this game together.