★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Just a general word of praise for this community

02-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Just a general word of praise for this community

Hi,

I've only been in this community for a few months. But I really find it unbelievable compared to other boards (mostly console boards). There's very few video game forums where there isn't constant bashing of other users, etc. Friendly responses to questions come quick and without the kind of reaction that some other boards give to "newbies".

I also really, really like the fact that there's so much interaction with the developers. I realize that the iPod game development is mostly indie developers but to be able to interact and give suggestions, etc. is really great.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling. Just wanted to share my thoughts (and I'm bored at work right now).
02-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
There's very few video game forums where there isn't constant bashing of other users, etc.
You must be kidding me. Or maybe you are so new you didn't see most of the stuff in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I also really, really like the fact that there's so much interaction with the developers. I realize that the iPod game development is mostly indie developers but to be able to interact and give suggestions, etc. is really great.
Yeah this is true.

02-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Very true. No harassment whatsoever!
02-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
You must be kidding me. Or maybe you are so new you didn't see most of the stuff in this forum.

Yeah this is true.
I appreciate the OP's sentiment, and agree with them. Aurora, you bring flaming on yourself with your often deliberately provocative posts. I can be guilty of it myself, but generally this is a very supportive forum.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
02-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Ok. Maybe I should rephrase my comment about the bashing. Yes, I've seen users being harrassed about a comment. But when you come here from a console community. It's nothing like you see on those forums. Particularly when it comes to PS3 / 360 arguments.

So yes, there is some of that here, but it's nothing compared to what I've seen. And a lot of that probably has to do with the iPod Touch not really being in direct competition. Yes, there's the PSP and DS. But how can they really be compared when we're buying $.99 games and they're shelling out $30-$40 for most games (yes, there's downloadable games, but even those are overpriced compared to what we pay). And the Android, well, I think that's going to fail. So anyway, the lack of "console wars" may have something to do with it.

And newbie questions, as far as I've seen, have been answered without criticisim. Oh, and there's not a console community that truly gives users an opportunity to talk to developers. That's a HUGE plus. Even forums on developer's sites are often left to the users and with no direct contact with developers.

Last edited by awp69; 02-03-2010 at 05:45 PM.
02-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Yes, this is a very good forum, with some very thoughtful members.

Hi, Aurora. Hope you are well.
02-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I appreciate the OP's sentiment, and agree with them. Aurora, you bring flaming on yourself with your often deliberately provocative posts. I can be guilty of it myself, but generally this is a very supportive forum.
If "not liking what is popular and talking about it" is considered provocative then my signature now has proof. I have never once (maybe except the stupid RTK Touch arguments, which is just generally some idiot who hates anything Asian or created by Asians saying it sucks without any arguments whatsoever) attacked someone else's opinion or even cared what the hell they like, yet people seem to swarm around me like bees whenever I make any comments. But I'll stop here as I'v already said this many times and I'm pretty sure it's getting boring.

On topic, yes outside of those controversial arguments, if people ask help on anything people seem to answer extremely fast, and we are all grateful for it.
02-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Agreed, Scott! There are many nice people here. Oh, you'll find the ususal blockheads too for sure, but there's alot people here who behave in a polite and friendly manner and are always helpful.

@ Aurora: Strange, I never were attacked 'til now. Nobody seemed to have the need of flaming me. Nobody spammed or harassed me. I live by the words:
"What goes around, comes around" - or better: "As the question, so the answer."

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 02-03-2010 at 06:27 PM.
02-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
If "not liking what is popular and talking about it" is considered provocative then my signature now has proof. I have never once (maybe except the stupid RTK Touch arguments, which is just generally some idiot who hates anything Asian or created by Asians saying it sucks without any arguments whatsoever) attacked someone else's opinion or even cared what the hell they like, yet people seem to swarm around me like bees whenever I make any comments. But I'll stop here as I'v already said this many times and I'm pretty sure it's getting boring.

On topic, yes outside of those controversial arguments, if people ask help on anything people seem to answer extremely fast, and we are all grateful for it.
Now Aurora, I know there is a nice person in there somewhere. Don't fight it. Embrace it. You can do it.

"Immovable as a mountain, destructive as fire, quiet as a forest, swift as a wind."
02-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:

Yeah this is true.
Hmmm, I was flamed a bit and was even told I had no word in an argument once just because I was a junior member

But other than that this forum is definitely awesome

Gameloft ID: VoN_Athlos Plus+ ID: Twizzy420 Warfare Inc ID: Athlos