★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gameloft Clones: A Good Thing.

02-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Gameloft Clones: A Good Thing.

Well, I've posted a couple Gameloft clone threads, and have come to a "Big Idea" question: Are Gameloft clones a good thing? I say yes. If it wasn't for Gameloft, the Iphone gaming scheme might still be a small, independent workshop thing. If it wasn't for clones, we might not have these games we've come to know and love on the Iphone. Liked Modern warfare? Get it on the Iphone. Liked HALO? Get it on the iphone. Really, people think that they are just cloning big-name games for the profit, but seriously, I think it's great to have these console-like games on the iPod. What do you think?
02-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Why do you make so many threads..

02-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkynubman View Post
Well, I've posted a couple Gameloft clone threads, and have come to a "Big Idea" question: Are Gameloft clones a good thing? I say yes. If it wasn't for Gameloft, the Iphone gaming scheme might still be a small, independent workshop thing. If it wasn't for clones, we might not have these games we've come to know and love on the Iphone. Liked Modern warfare? Get it on the Iphone. Liked HALO? Get it on the iphone. Really, people think that they are just cloning big-name games for the profit, but seriously, I think it's great to have these console-like games on the iPod. What do you think?
why does this site have an obsession with posting the same or extremely similar threads, especially one right after the other. but i dont mind them. i like nova
02-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
I think you are absolutely right, besides I don't really think N.O.V.A. could even compare to a clone the only thing it has in common is aliens and armor. It was only hyped as a Halo clone, but it's still a great game.

Gameloft ID: VoN_Athlos Plus+ ID: Twizzy420 Warfare Inc ID: Athlos
02-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek420 View Post
Why do you make so many threads..
ya. he has made eight threads between yesterday and today. maybe he should cool it down a bit.
02-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmonkey101 View Post
ya. he has made eight threads between yesterday and today. maybe he should cool it down a bit.
...What? I do?

%$#@, someone's been hacking again...
02-03-2010, 06:37 PM
well... Gameloft have reputation of cloning because they dont have any games that are... ORIGINAL... most of their games are port from other brand or games that got ideas from major/big games..
02-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdragonst View Post
well... Gameloft have reputation of cloning because they dont have any games that are... ORIGINAL... most of their games are port from other brand or games that got ideas from major/big games..
thats nothing to really be distressed about though. i dont mind them...
02-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Is being a queer and asking incessant, meaningless questions a good thing?

Twitter: @back2this
02-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmonkey101 View Post
Wow...Excessive.
Quote:
...What? I do?

%$#@, someone's been hacking again...
I find it hard to believe that someone is 'hacking' your account to make threads.