Battle Bears NOPZ: Swag and Secrets (FINAL Door open) and A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT (pg 53)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Lt. Action, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Lt. Action

Lt. Action Well-Known Member

#1 Lt. Action, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
    My dearests,

The time has come. That time that I was vaguely referencing before in the other topic is NOW. If there was ever a time to reveal a thing I had promised revealing in the past at an undisclosed time in the future, that time would be at hand.

BEHOLD: THE BATTLE BEARS ADVENT CALENDAR

[​IMG]

For you poor souls that don't know what an "Advent Calendar" is, come in closer and let Papa Action give you the Christmas you've so long deserved.

An Advent Calendar is the bane of every chocolate loving sunofagun this side the Rio Grande. An Advent Calendar is a method of counting down the days until CHRISTMAS. This method is very, very American in execution. You are given a little chocolate each day as you draw closer to the most comercially celebrated holiday of all time. To achieve this you simply need to not die.

There is a flaw, however. If you were a fat, greedy little kid like I was, the second you're alone with an Advent Calendar you slay it and you SLAY IT HARD. There is NOTHING to stop you from consuming every last goody on day one.

That's why I'm here. I am what will stand between you and blowing your load all at once, so to speak.

Whoa WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CALENDAR! WHAT'S GOOIINNGG OOONNNNNNNNNN????.

The goodies may range from simple lolz to SECRETS regarding BB:NOPZ to maybe even tangible swag should I be feeling generous (I rarely feel generous- more often spiteful, cynical and a little lethargic).

This begins NEXT WEEK and "ends" on MONTHXX/XX.

Why'd I put "ends" in "quotations"? "What does that mean?"

"Hmmmmmmmmmm....."

This tasty little cranny will serve as my SWAG HATCH. Whatever I decide to so unworthily throw to you will be displayed here. Check back often ;D

HERE COMES THE THUNDER!

To be entered into the FINAL DRAWING for the LAST EVER OF ALL TIME Golden Ticket, please gaze heavily into the following image, cast a CORRECT vote by leaving a comment in this thread and then... that's it.

If you would like to go a thankless extra mile, tell us what kind of icon you'd like to see if none of these tickle your fancy gland.

[​IMG]

BONUSBONUSBONUSBONUSBONUS

Since you've all so gloriously glorified me in my absence, since some of you have been swimming back to me like sexy salmon every time I make a topic, for your continued loyalty and support (<3) please accept this link to an album full of CONCEPT ART for BATTLE BEARS -1 AND some real live screen shots from some NEVABEFORSEEN cut scenes

http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/a...Concept%20Art/

You all truly are my favorite children <3

2. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    This.
    Is.
    Going to be epic. :)

3. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
  4. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Yes but what about chocolate?

5. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Oh boy, another Battle Bears update... I think. What is NOPZ anyway?

6. Lt. Action

Careful what you wish for there, Shumby ;D Lest we all forget I am almost solely in charge of this event and I am very, very eccentric....

... AND RESOURCEFUL.

You WISH it was only an update. Seeing as this world is depressing and good news seldom comes our way, allow me to grant you a wish you had gestating within you that you previously had no concept of:

Battle Bears NOPZ is NOT an update, it is a BRAND SPANKING NEW GAME.

You may proceed to rejoice, now.

7. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I hope it's not an entire new game

8. Lt. Action

:C

Now why wouldn't you hope for that? What I once thought was thrilling, exciting, bum clenching news has become bad news: Yes, it IS a whole new game.

Whatever it is that disappoints you, I can promise based on nothing that NOPZ will make it all right again. Like it was before <3

9. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    aw... i wish it was an update...

10. Lt. Action

Indeed, I can see where you would be let down :C

Alas, we have moved away from BB 1.5, however, we have not forgotten it. Nothing is certain but there is a distinct possibility that it will be revisited and we ARE listening to what people are asking for.

I WISH I could dump out every detail of NOPZ in a big pile of SECRETS right here in front of everyone so that all could see how potentially exciting it could be to experience... however, certain jobs, specific bosses and at least one NDA prevent this.

I would encourage everyone to hang in there! I promise to fill your hearts with lulz. Full to bursting.

11. Illegal Danish

Illegal Danish Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    On the beach
    Come on this is the event of the century

12. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Meh. I'm sure this is going to be lame. I'll be watching though just because I am going to buy your next game.

13. poesmij

poesmij Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009

doh! no one can ever do something right! -.-'
    allways complaining...

really excited about this btw^^

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I was late to the Battle Bears party. I didn't end up getting the game until it was free for a day. Not even 30 seconds into firing up that game, and I had wished desperately that I had bought it day 1. Or at least PAID for it in some way, shape or form. My soul is now riddled with guilt for enjoying something so much that I didn't even pay for.

I put the blame squarely on you, dev. That's right, YOU. It's your fault I didn't buy this game for so long. It could have been so simply avoided, too. If you had just named the game "RED DAWN REFERENCE" I would have downloaded Battle Bears the moment it's delicious icon was in my gaze. The amount of lulz I've ingested dude to BB1.5 is beyond measure, and the only fitting punishment for not getting it sooner has to be the swiftest, most accurate kick to the genitals you've ever unleashed. I'll brace myself so you can proceed. *clench*

Also worth noting Mr. Lt. Action Sir III, Esq., is that your mere presence on these forums has given me almost as much excited pleasure as the BB game itself. After finally getting into BB, and seeing you bring the funny, I went back and read every BB thread there was. Every. Last. Post. I have to tell you, I haven't been subjected to that much inappropriate hugging since the Boy Scouts. Thank you for providing such lulz-a-byes in the forums here, and for dredging up some long since repressed memories. Your sexy e-vibes emanate through my computer screen, only to be soaked up by my brain sponge in the most enjoyable manner. In short, I <3 you.

Now that I've got my guilty confession out of the way, I can finally be excited for this NEW BB game. That's right, an ENTIRELY NEW GAME!!!1! How are people not excited about this? You'd rather an old game gets updated than a brand new shiny bucket of new game? Strange... but at least I'M excited, and will be buying said game day 1, if for nothing else than a small thank you to these awesome devs for giving me the five finger discount on BB 1.5 and introducing me to the wonderful world of Lt. Action's Fun Time™.

15. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    As long as gameplay is different or vastly improved, BRING ON A NEW GAME!1!!!!

16. morscata12

morscata12 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Hm, I don't get the initial lackluster response to such glorious news. I for one am extremely excited to hear about a new Battle Bears game! There's only so much a dev can do in an update, so when a sequel to a game as crazy as Battle Bears is announced, you know it will blow your mind.

17. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    im no complaining... im just depressed right now... not because of it not being a update. but something else

18. salamandersoup

Dec 29, 2009
    Artist at SkyVu Pictures :D
    Oh, xdanleex, what's the matter? Rest your head on the expanse of Lt. Action's ample bosom and tell us all about it.

If you want, we can follow your own advice and shoot chocolate chips out of our fingertips at you, if it would make you feel any better. <3

19. highlyrefinedpirate

highlyrefinedpirate Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    after *stealing* battle bears through FAAD, I feel like I owe the developers.
    how will I do this?
    buy this new game, and enjoy the hell out of it.
    :)

20. Lt. Action

Happy to disappoint :D But buying our next game is really all I axe ;D

WHO KNOWS, if this little project gets some traction, you may even get a chance to "STEAL" it! FORFREE.

You, sir, embody the very reason I keep coming back. People have to learn that, being a mostly-only-child growing up, I demand praise and adoration for everything I do, no matter how mundane or unremarkable. Achieving consciousness each morning is a feat for which I demand a 40 gun salute. This is how I start each day and, because of it, the rest of the day is almost guaranteed to be a massive disappointment by comparison.

You have made this day the opposite. Waking up to the sound of gun fire celebrating my arrival to the waking world has been trumped by your gushing river of steamy, sexy praise.

I must, however, deny your request for a swift kick to the genitals for I fear the constitution of most men's groins is less than that of a Louisville Slugger. I could go on and on about the magnificent feats of awesome I've performed and regale you with tales of breaking things with my legs, hands and other instruments, but I fear that those reading would become weak in the knees and I don't want to risk the lawsuit when everyone inevitably collapses into a pile of carnal pleasure and hits their head on the way down.

In short- No, U <3<3<3 (>*u*)> C'MERE YA BIG LUG! If anyone deserved to not pay for our game, I CHOO-CHOO-CHOOSE YOU. Keep an eye on this topic cause we're gonna PIMP THE S out of this new game and it's going to be the bee's knees. The Cat's Meow and or Pajamas.

Also, you are the ONLY person I've come across that's mentioned the Red Dawn reference/s. My boss is going to LOVE YOU.

ONLY IF U REDY TO GIT SERVED!