★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

In App Purchase of Random Items

02-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Send a message via MSN to MindJuice Send a message via Skype™ to MindJuice
In App Purchase of Random Items

I haven't yet dipped my toes in the In App Purchase (IAP) waters yet, but may soon, and I am wondering one thing.

Does Apple allow you to sell an IAP that gives you a semi-random item? Like a treasure chest that might give you a healing potion, or a magic crystal, or 100 pieces of gold?
02-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindJuice View Post
I haven't yet dipped my toes in the In App Purchase (IAP) waters yet, but may soon, and I am wondering one thing.

Does Apple allow you to sell an IAP that gives you a semi-random item? Like a treasure chest that might give you a healing potion, or a magic crystal, or 100 pieces of gold?
My understanding is that you can sell anything like that.

Checkout Poker AnyTIME!, our new turn based heads up Texas Hold'em game
Please Like Us on Facebook!
Crafted with care by Gutshot LLC
02-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindJuice View Post

I don't have an answer, but I do have feedback. I have a similar idea, and I'm thinking the same thing as you (I think) I'm surprised no one has used something similar yet, and it would be awesome!
02-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Supposedly Moonga will be doing this (random cards) soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!