★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Good News Bad News - unusually high app runs

02-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Good News Bad News - unusually high app runs

Well, perhaps it's the new ranking algorithm. Who can say until sales come in. But I'm seeing a 10000% increase in app runs for a couple of our apps, That Ain't It! Trivia and Brain Blaze Which Word. I can just imagine how perhaps these apps are now part of Apple's experiment to determine if they can boost sales by app placement alone. Alas, I fear that the high app runs are the bad news in this tale. The good news is my Crack detection code appears to be working

Does anyone know the average conversion rate for cracked to paid?

Developer at IMAK Creations, creator of ColorTilt and other lesser known apps, like That Ain't It!
Blog, twitter
02-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M of IMAK View Post
Well, perhaps it's the new ranking algorithm. Who can say until sales come in. But I'm seeing a 10000% increase in app runs for a couple of our apps, That Ain't It! Trivia and Brain Blaze Which Word. I can just imagine how perhaps these apps are now part of Apple's experiment to determine if they can boost sales by app placement alone. Alas, I fear that the high app runs are the bad news in this tale. The good news is my Crack detection code appears to be working

Does anyone know the average conversion rate for cracked to paid?
Does this mean your seeing a significant rise in sales for your apps? Or in other words, is the new algorithm a good thing for small developing groups and independent developers?

Gameloft ID: VoN_Athlos Plus+ ID: Twizzy420 Warfare Inc ID: Athlos
02-04-2010, 07:10 PM
You mean the ranking showing up in App Store keyword search?