★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dr. San : Dr. Mario clone - anyone try?

01-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Dr. San : Dr. Mario clone - anyone try?

I recall reading several times that there are some who would love Dr. Mario on the iphone. Well this game loooks like the closest bet, anyone try it? There was zero threads for this game on this forum so I figured I'd post it.

http://appshopper.com/games/dr-san

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
01-28-2009, 10:28 AM
If it was a buck I would have already bought it and tried it. It's $2.99 now right? Still kind of steep...

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
01-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Something about those two bottom buttons (+) and the slider turn me off about this game.

It looks semi-polished otherwise, but those do not look like they belong; kind of like they were just thrown in there.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Would gladly buy for $0.99.

I wish my doctor was Dr. Mario.
01-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud652 View Post
Would gladly buy for $0.99.

I wish my doctor was Dr. Mario.
You wish you had a plumber who'd put on a lab coat and toss random colored pills at you, hoping to kill whatever virus you had? Well, compared to American health care, I guess it's not all that much different.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-28-2009, 12:12 PM
I was one who was asking for a Dr. Mario port. This looks cheesy tho i'm sniping it at a dollar.

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...
01-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
You wish you had a plumber who'd put on a lab coat and toss random colored pills at you, hoping to kill whatever virus you had? Well, compared to American health care, I guess it's not all that much different.
rofl
02-25-2009, 11:26 AM
hey everyone, just wanted to give you a heads up that we're VERY close to releasing our game, which is based off of Dr Mario.
It will have wifi multiplayer and we've been working very hard to make it a step above what's currently out there.. both is playability and visually.
I'll be sure to post here when it's up in the app store, but we're looking at submitting it in the next 3 weeks.

Thanks,
Bob
02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Is it going to be better than this one and is it going to be a buck? Because this one is a buck right now If you say yes to both (i.e. $1 promo price at the beginning) I won't buy this one