★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Do you LOVE playing Tower Defense games? HATE letting creeps reach the end of the path? Then Marbles Tower Defense is the game for you!

FEATURES

- 8 unique maps
- 40 rounds on each map
- 3 difficulty modes
- 8 unique towers to purchase and upgrade
- 3 unique items to assist you each round
- 9 unique marbles to destroy

Can you master every map?
02-05-2010, 02:35 AM
The maps looks familiar..

02-05-2010, 02:58 AM
downloading now
02-05-2010, 03:57 AM
just the colors make it look very like Bloons TD !

.....awaiting freedogs opinion

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
02-05-2010, 04:41 AM
The game is very polished, runs smooth with quick load times, and pretty much everything is setup nicely... menus, interface. The graphics are good. Sounds are fine. The gameplay is fun. The game has a Bloons TD feel to it, with a marble theme instead of balloons. It even plays similiar. There are 8 maps to play on, 40 waves each. The towers are cool, there's quite a few of them (8 main towers + 3 special items/weapons) and none of them feel weak or useless. The main 8 towers are a crossbow, tank, bunker, freeze tower, launch station for sending jets, satelite that increases range and speed of nearby towers, a cannon, and a cool plasma reactor tower. Some of the special items/weapons available for purchase with the towers are road spikes, road tar, and grenades. They can only be used temporarily or one time per purchase and cost much less than the main towers.

There are 9 colored marbles in the game that vary in strength according to their color. Some of the colored marbles can only be damaged by certain towers/weapons. The stronger marbles can start off strong and then turn into a lesser marble/different color from taking damage.

Each tower usually has not just 1 but 2 kinds of purchasable upgrades for more range, speed, and or strength/damage. Another cool feature is that when tapping on most of the already placed towers an on screen button appears giving you an option toggle for that tower to attack the first marble or the last marble.

You earn money fast for purchasing and upgrading, the marbles usually come in large waves. So the game has a nice flow to it, there isn't a fast forward but the gameplay doesn't feel slow at all. If you exit a game it is autosaved so you can resume where you left off.

Its a well designed game, and I highly recommend it to TD fans... especially ones who enjoyed Bloons TD a lot.

Last edited by freedog; 02-05-2010 at 05:33 AM.
02-05-2010, 04:48 AM
The only small negative about the game is that the theme doesn't have a strong personality to it. What I mean is for example in Sentinel you took on aliens and it had atmosphere to it, in Bloons there is a cutish playful monkey theme to go with it. In this one you take on different colored marbles.
02-05-2010, 05:30 AM
Is there a video? I am very interested.
02-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Not yet. Anyway I just want to point out that the tower menu is always on the right side of the screen and cannot be hidden. I don't have a major problem with it, although if the menu could be hidden maybe the map could be made to fit the full screen. If I had a suggestion for an update that would be it.
02-05-2010, 06:51 AM
One of the towers can be used to call in airstrikes! Its costly though, each airstrike you call in costs 1400 but will take out almost everything within range. Cool stuff. Heavy damage.
02-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Does it save your state when you quit?

Can you listen to your own music?

Thanks, Michael