★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Are you afraid of aliens? Now you can SMASH them out! Use oldnew catapult to suppress invasion (check demo video on the website).

We reached 100 000 users! Thank you for your support!

- retina display support!
- Incredible graphic;
- Realistic world;
- you can break objects into small parts and use them as a projectiles;
- 6 types of projectiles (rail, tire, dynamite, pumpkin, dron, lightning);
- use additional tap to activate killer feature in pumpkin and dron;
- 60 levels to play;

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

02-05-2010, 02:47 AM

02-05-2010, 03:03 AM
Seems like it might be hard to control.
02-05-2010, 03:58 AM
My thoughts too. Looks like it's hard.
02-05-2010, 04:04 AM
Game Impressions

Look a bit like angry birds.... and it's tempting. I'll wait for a few brave souls to take the plunge and report back.
02-05-2010, 04:54 AM
The controls seem to be more like Crash the Castle.
The graphics look good as well. I might get it.
02-05-2010, 07:08 AM
Ok, I decided to TOFTT.
Basically, this is a Crash the Castle kind of game. You tap once to load the catapult, tap again to start the catapult mechanism, then tap again to launch the projectile. Projectiles include dinamite, tires, and train rails. You get a different mix of these projectiles for every mission. If you run out of projectiles before the mission is complete - you fail. The aim is to crush the "castle" and kill all the aliens.

First the main menu: it is one of the best animated menues I have ever seen. I would like to especially note the spaceship hovering in the background. Its gorgeous. Generally, the UI for this game is very well designed.

Now, the actual levels. There are 25 of them and the whole game took me about 20 minutes to complete. They are really easy. May be it is my experience with similar games, but I found only one level slightly challenging.

The physics in this game are very realistic. I especially liked the tyre. It was most fun to use. Rail was ok. It doesn't bounce like tyres and is good mainly for direct hits. I really hated the dynamite. When the catapult swings the dynamite it does it too fast, so quite often I missed the moment ans threw the dynamite either too far or too close. The devs obviously tried to differenciate between various projectiles, but IMO it was not necessary to make the dynamite so difficult to launch. Dynamite is a powerful weapon and explodes on impact. After the explosion you get bits of debris/shrapnel bounce around. They don't do any damage and are there purely for visual effect. The debris/shrapnel are little squares. Considering the graphical polish of the rest of the game I was quite surprised to see lack of attention in this little detail.

Now, the main complaints:
Often the tap meant to release the projectile did not register. It happened a bit in the later levels. In essence that means a missed shot. I thought that may be it was me not tapping the screen properly, but after experimenting a bit, I came to the conclusion that it is the game that sometimes does not react to my taps. May be I tap too soon after the first tap (that swings the projectile), I don't know, but this needs to be addressed by the devs.

The game is too short and way too easy. The difficulty level is almost the same throughout the game. For a casual pick up and play game its good enough, but fans of challenging games like Angry Birds or Crush the Castle may be disappointed if they look for a similar level of challenge.

The speed at which catapult swings the projectile needs to be addressed. I can launch the tyres with some degree of accuracy, but rails and dynamite swings need to be slowed down to allow more accurate shots to be made. This is also a matter of personal taste and a bit of practice as well as getting used to the mechanics of the game. I hope others can make some comments in this regard.

The menu music is ok, but the sound track playing during the gameplay is short, repetitive and annoying. Its the first thing I turn off. Better soundtrack could really transform this game. May be some fast paced American country music or something like that.

Overall, the game is ok. I don't regret spending my AU$1.19/US$0.99 on it.
It is fun and the graphics are fantastic. With a bit of improvement in gameplay this could be a really good game. It depends on how commited the dev is to it.

I am not a very good review writer, so if you have any specific questions, please ask.
02-05-2010, 07:49 AM
thanks for the review, have a few of these apps already, and don't like the 'look'/feel of the physics in this one, judging by the video. does look like the dev spent a lot of time making it look nice, which does show in the graphics.

maybe after some updates.
02-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks guys for feedbacks.
Special eugekava for review

Right now we making additional level packs for medium and hard difficulty. So i mean +50 levels.

And more other features like new projectile and different aliens types.

02-05-2010, 01:13 PM
if you're working on more levels, i'll buy now.