★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Origin8
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.9 MB
  • Version: 1.5.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.3 (4)
App description: Oh !*#&! Its rush hour and tempers are flaring as the city heads towards gridlock.

Take control of the traffic with a touch in Car Mania, a game thats jammed full of finger-twisting casual action.

Steer the drivers to their destinations while avoiding road rage - or set up a spate of accidents thatll be sure to clear the streets!

Intuitive controls draw each vehicles path with your finger; tap to stop and go.
Keep commuters moving and in one piece delays and crashes cause the road rage meter to rise!
Juggle a variety of cars, trucks and motorbikes, each with different speeds and capabilities.
Watch out for road works or youll get in a jam!
Play across gorgeous maps with distinct layouts and unique challenges.
Go for the top score in a fast and furious round of Time Attack, or play Survival mode and see how long you can keep the city moving.
Want to let off some steam? Try Road Rage mode where pile ups mean points. Happy wrecking!
With online high scores and unlockable achievements using GameCenter, theres always an excuse for just one more go.
Ipod Music Library access (for OS3.0+ users only)

Car Mania: addictive pick-up-and-play action thats sure to drive you round the bend!

REVIEWS

"AWESOME FUN ... This is a pick up and play that you wont be able to put down. I liked it, then I liked it even more! The game starts fantastic and gets better the more you play it!"
- 148Apps.com

"...the train level is ridiculously awesome, and worth the 99 cent price tag alone."
- TouchArcade.com

Repair Drone's comments:
Now showing up as free! Go get it!

Hi all,

As you may have heard, Origin8 are celebrating the approaching anniversary of Sentinel: Mars Defense's release with a month of weekend freebies. We start today with former top 10 UK paid app Car Mania!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Why are you still reading this it's free go go go! And keep an eye out for our next freebie at about the same time next week! <3 Origin8
02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Cool thing! getting this. This means I must kick another line drawer from my phone... hmm who will be the unlucky one

02-05-2010, 11:25 AM
crap I just got Lion Pride. how many freaking line drawers do I need?

[EPIC SIGNATURE] shumby [/EPIC SIGNATURE]
02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
woah

this is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
02-05-2010, 11:52 AM
gads, another one to add to the phone. Well it didn't get me any more room but I found out how to atleast add more than 11 pages to view everything thats on my phone now. Now to just find the time to play it all.

twitter: 32g_iphone3gs; . . openfeint, crystal, iTunes/iStore: pajo_ojap
02-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajo_ojap View Post
gads, another one to add to the phone. Well it didn't get me any more room but I found out how to atleast add more than 11 pages to view everything thats on my phone now. Now to just find the time to play it all.
Do you mean the 3 "hidden" pages or is there another way to get more pages (without Jailbreak ;D ?) ?
02-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Price change has propagated, go go go go go!

FUTURE SENSE - A brain-bending Time Travel adventure OUT NOW!
SENTINEL 4: DARK STAR - Probably the best Tower Defence in the Galaxy
TRANSPORT TYCOON - The definitive version of the classic business sim
Follow us on Twitter ● Like us on Facebook ● Circle us on Google+
02-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Probably isn't the right place to continue this, but non jailbroken (currently there is no reason for me to jailbreak, I have to much stuff I can't get to now) method to add pages, which I didn't come up with.

I currently have 18 pages on my iphone, which can be seen on the bottom. Ive heard of people doing more, you can still page them but there won't be a little circle on the bottom that you can view.

In a nutshell you need to make sure that the first page and the last page (starting with page 11, then when you add a page, page 12) are full of apps. The voice memo default installed app is the key here. Move it off the first page and fill in the first page so it is still full. Now move the voice memo app to the last position of the last page, then bump it off that page with an app from the previous page. Then just press the home button once to get out of move mode and reboot your iphone. When you come back the second page will be new and contain the voice memo app only. Again add another app here so you can move the voice memo again. Repeat as many times as necessary.

A semi short cut is you can use the bottom 4 icon spots to move things easier, but leave at least one default installed app here, otherwise you can't move anything back to it unless you on the first page and its an original app . I leave it up to you how to figure it out efficiently.

Now how cool is that. I know it doesn't take much, but hey now not only can you install Car Mania, you'll be able to see its icon also without having to do a search for it.

I thought I better add the following to this post as an edit:

oh yeah one more thing...there is a gotcha with adding more pages. Nothing I can't live with, but when you sync with itunes, you can't go to the applications tab and move the icons around. It will revert back to 11 pages. I never read anything about not being able to select/deselect apps tho and I haven't actually tried this yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vingdoloras View Post
Do you mean the 3 "hidden" pages or is there another way to get more pages (without Jailbreak ;D ?) ?

twitter: 32g_iphone3gs; . . openfeint, crystal, iTunes/iStore: pajo_ojap

Last edited by pajo_ojap; 02-05-2010 at 01:01 PM.
02-05-2010, 12:33 PM
i keep only 3 pages on my iphone!!
02-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
still $0.99 in LA county

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !