★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Best iPhone RPG's

02-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Best iPhone RPG's

What are the best RPG's on the iPhone? I have zenonia and am thinking of getting chronicles of inotia for $.99. What are other good RPGs to check out? I'm looking for RPGs that last a good amount of hours.

Currently Playing: Plants vs. Zombies, The War of Eustrath, Zenonia 1, Phoenix Wright, The Quest
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/txag2005
Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 Twitter contest!
02-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by txag2005 View Post
What are the best RPG's on the iPhone? I have zenonia and am thinking of getting chronicles of inotia for $.99. What are other good RPGs to check out? I'm looking for RPGs that last a good amount of hours.
Depends on what you like. Turn based? RT battling? First person? Third person?

First person: The Quest, Undercroft
Third person: download SEED for now. It is free.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

02-05-2010, 11:57 AM
You posted in the wrong forum. And there are already countless threads asking for RPGs since it's practically the most debated genre ever.
If you like Asian RPGs then Vanquish (ARPG), Hybrid (ARPG), Across Age (coming soon), Inotia 2 (semi-turn based, slow-paced but extremely complex and long KRPG), Zenonia 2 (coming soon), SEED (semi-ARPG, though lower quality graphics and dialogue, however it's free I think), Song Summoner Encore (Turn-based strategy/RPG, create your own units randomly using your music playlist), and Hills & Rivers Remain (Turn-based strategy/RPG) are your choices.
If you like Western RPGs then The Quest (extremely long and complex, the amount of text matches that of a novel, turn-based in battle), and Undercroft (clone of The Quest, shorter and slightly simpler) are your choices.
02-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Depends what type of RPG you like.

There's an abundance of a very similar type of action rpg on the appstore, i.e. zenonia, seed, inotia etc. etc. I've enjoyed Seed quite a lot - and it was free. A lot of people like Inotia 2 - I don't think you can go far wrong with any. They all have pretty poor storylines and a lot of grinding + repetitive quests.

Across age, which is coming quite soon hopefully will be a different type of action rpg. Much closer to Zelda than the ones above, with puzzles etc.

Then there's some Western turn based ones. Of these my favourite is the Quest. Movement is weird but it can't be beaten in depth. Unfortunately there aren't many in this category yet so I'd like to see that rectified - same goes for all turnbased RPGs really.
02-05-2010, 12:18 PM
IMO inotia 2 is the best rpg for iphone atm
02-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Inotia 2 : Good and long
Dungeon Hunter : Amazing but short with lots of weapons and items.
Ravensword : Short 1st person/third person Western RPG. Great graphics and action as well as updates coming.

Hi there!
02-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Sword and Poker is really fun game if you like card battles and poker at all.
09-05-2011, 12:50 AM
ARALON SWORD AND SHADOW! By far my favorite (western)RPG on the app store!

Plus+: AndreBJo
Game Center: VanillaCupkake
09-05-2011, 01:24 AM
If you want to ask for game recommendations, please use the "What should I get" thread, here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...threadid=23990

řƹȡ1