★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Chalkboard Stunts [Now FREE]

02-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Chalkboard Stunts [Now FREE]

Manta Research is proud to announce that Chalkboard Stunts has been approved and should be available today in the App Store. Please let us know what you think!

Promo Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKCfP3ws1-0

Description:

Chalkboard Stunts puts you in the drivers seat as you race through numerous, exciting tracks and try to get the best possible times! In addition to the built-in tracks, you can download new levels from our server. The best part is that with the integrated level editor, you can create your own tracks and then upload them for the rest of the world to enjoy!

Loops, ramps, blocks, speed zones and other pieces give you the flexibility to create fast, sweeping tracks or even intricate physics puzzles that dynamically change the layout of the track -- the possibilities are endless!

An online rating and voting system allows users to vote up their favorite levels, and with every level having its own unique global high scores, you can compete against others to see who has the fastest times.

- 25 built-in tracks, plus downloadable levels
- Realistic physics engine with dynamic object interaction
- Easy to use, in-game editor to create your own tracks
- Ability to share your creations with the rest of the world
- Local and Global high scores for every level
- Voting and rating system for online levels
- Integrated, context-sensitive help system
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture-1.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	14480   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture-2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	14481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture-3.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	14482  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture-6.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	14483  

Manta AppShopper Links:
Chalkboard Stunts, AppSniper, Cubes, Virus, Cubix
02-05-2010, 01:24 PM
this looks awesome will be downloading as soon as its available. what are the in-game sounds like?

total money spent in app store sence 8-15-08
last music download: EL CREEPO!Todd Smith is putting out some amazing stuff
GAMECENTER = eyemh8 add me

02-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Embedded video

I must say, this looks very fun! What is the price going to be?

Youtube link | Pop Up
02-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Limited in-game sounds at the moment so you can enjoy your own music tracks. We experimented with additional sound effects but found them distracting to the gameplay.

Price point is 99c. Looking forward to everyones feedback!

It's available on the US store now:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chalkboard-stunts/id353337824?mt=8

Manta AppShopper Links:
02-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Insta-buy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Can someone please you post this in the new games section? I just realized I posted this in the upcoming games section by accident! Thanks!

Manta AppShopper Links:
02-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta Research View Post
Can someone please you post this in the new games section? I just realized I posted this in the upcoming games section by accident! Thanks!
Yup, no problem. For future requests, hit the little red triangle above the post to report it and let all the moderators know what you want
02-05-2010, 02:14 PM
my first impressions i like the menus easy to read and the gameplay is fun. the controls are a little awkward and i would like to see a gas petal and a break on the right side and maybe a 2 directional dpad for the tilt on the left with a jump button on the left as well. the level editor is very easy built a level in 5min no problem and i really like the option to give all levels a thumbs up or down even the included courses. in game sound would be the biggest feature to implement IMO even just a engine sound would be great. i still enjoy this game and think it is well worth $.99 and my complaints are in no way a deal breaker. if you like jelly car, jet car stunts (in 2d forum) and iblast-moki level sharing this is an easy choice to purchase this.

total money spent in app store sence 8-15-08
last music download: EL CREEPO!Todd Smith is putting out some amazing stuff
GAMECENTER = eyemh8 add me
02-05-2010, 02:40 PM
This looks pretty cool. Does the car handle well? It looks a little floaty in the video.
02-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Game Impressions

My $0.99 cents:

Nice game, needs a little bit of work, but considering it has a level editor and it's super easy to share/download levels this one is a must-have for physics game fans.

Things that need to be fixed:

- The rotate controls are backwards! Maybe I'm wrong, but the right rotate should rotate clockwise, and the left one counter-clockwise. An option to tilt-to-rotate (ala Jelly Car) would be much appreciated.

- There does not appear to be any multitouch - you can't rotate and accelerate at the same time.

- The game is upside down for iPod Touch owners (not a big deal as there is very little sound to speak of)

- It would be nice if "tap the car to jump" was changed to "tap somewhere on the screen besides the buttons to jump" so I'm not covering up what I'm doing (some of these levels have a lot of jumps!

- The car's wheels overlap the terrain a bit, not a huge deal, but I think it would look better if it didn't.

- More sound would be nice, at least a "boing" when you make your car jump.

OK this sounds like a big negative list, but if you like things like Jelly Car, you will want this for a buck - the game can only get better, and there are already a dozen or so levels uploaded by people. You can rate the levels, so you can avoid the stinkers!

Go get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!