App description: The Game of the Year award-winning action-RPG is back in a big way with this new MEGA UPDATE! With a brand new storyline, new enemies, new asteroids, and new gear, it's the perfect time to experience this iOS classic for the first time!

- New bonus storyline that continues the adventures of Uncle Jeb and the Gritstone Mining Company!
- A new map filled with 16 new sectors to mine!
- New asteroids, tougher enemies, and brand new secrets to uncover!
- Two new License Levels, with top-tier ship equipment to match!
- A new ultra-powerful level 8 ship, designed by billionaire madman Bancroft!

Since its original release, SPACE MINER: SPACE ORE BUST has been hailed as one of the greatest iOS games of all time by critics and customers alike. Don't believe us? Check out these reviews:

"Without a question, this is one of the best games I've played since the App Store went live" - Toucharcade.com (5/5 stars)

"HOW GOOD IS SPACE MINER. The answer is INCREDIBLE GOOD. It's probably the best original game to hit the iPhone." - Gizmodo

"Space Miner: Space Ore Bust gets my total complete recommendation. Long gamelife, great polished graphics and most importantly fun gameplay in space accompanied by banjos. Now I want a sequel." - Touchgen.com (5/5 stars)

"Few games truly stand out like Space Miner does." - Slide to Play (4/4 - Must Have)

App Store Rating: 4.5/5 (over 5,000 reviews!)

Onion AV Club: Grade A

No Dpad: "MUST HAVE"

App Spy: 5/5

Still reading? Awesome! Here are some more good reasons to pick up SPACE MINER!

- Hours of space-blasting gameplay across a massive 64-sector, non-linear galaxy!
- Fully upgradeable and customizable ships with literally thousands of possible equipment combinations!
- Hilarious storyline featuring top-notch writing!
- New Game+ mode lets you keep your game-changing ALIEN TECH and play on harder difficulty modes!
- Full Game Center integration for Achievements and Leaderboards.

Want to learn more about SPACE MINER or the Venan crew? Check us out!

http://www.venan.com
Follow us on Twitter @VenanEnt
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/VenanEnt

Venan's comments:

There you have it folks! We'll be checking this and any other threads we find, so if you want to tell us anything about the game, we'll be listening!
03-12-2010, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe89 View Post
is there a 25th piece of alien technology?? In my stats page it says I've found 24/25 pieces of alien tech?
Who knows more about the 25 piece?
03-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbair View Post
Who knows more about the 25 piece?
There are only 24 discoverable alien tech in the game. The 25th piece is forthcoming.

Mark - Venan Entertainment

[URL="http://www.venanarcade.com/"]Space Miner[/URL] is Live!

03-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Mark View Post
forthcoming
... a magic word!
03-12-2010, 01:37 PM
"While some of us on the design team are not that great at math, I can assure you the 25th alien tech is very real. There will be more details on how to unlock it soon."

i saw this on a other forum. so there is hope fore more playable content
03-13-2010, 11:07 AM
I changed my controls to the non-thrust button option, much easier, practically thumb-stick movement.

Twitter: @Nokendoman, XboxLive: DannIzzLegit.
Now Playing:Corporate Fury, Super Mega Worm, EpicWin, Surviving Highschool, Mirrors Edge, Zenonia2, TapTapRevenge 3.
@reply me on twitter
03-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Anyone completed it using only the Old Janopy? I am trying but it is hard already on normal.

Already played through it 3 times but am aiming for 1000 Plus+ points. My game of the year for 2010 so far.
03-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSP View Post
Anyone completed it using only the Old Janopy? I am trying but it is hard already on normal.

Already played through it 3 times but am aiming for 1000 Plus+ points. My game of the year for 2010 so far.
I was able to do it a few days ago. Check a page or two back for tips.
03-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Wait to get all the alien tech before you try the old jalopy achievement. Then you can add to your defenses. A good technique to use is: while coasting, turn your ship around and shoot at the boss. Use your radar to aim if he's offscreen.

I've gotten all achievements and am ranked #3 globally, yeah!
03-15-2010, 05:41 PM
How is youre score for te leaderboard counted??
03-17-2010, 01:13 AM
How do you kill the giant pinata? Ive tried every single weapon but to no avail any help would be appreciated!

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.