Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-05-2010, 08:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Only had a chance to play this for maybe 10 mins so far. Very first impression: it's Asteroids with bells and whistles. But what bells and whistles! Looking forward to getting into it some more later.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Only had a chance to play this for maybe 10 mins so far. Very first impression: it's Asteroids with bells and whistles. But what bells and whistles! Looking forward to getting into it some more later.
Well, every pearl starts with a bit of dirt. Asteroids is the dirt in this game.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Banned
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Default Game Impressions

I love this game! Easy controls and interesting storyline.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:55 PM

I've been playing this game for almost an hour and a half, and I can add three more points to my assessment:

1) This is the funniest game since GTA:Chinatown.

2) I keep meeting new characters and encountering new situations. In fact, I just went through an awesome fight with a crazed robot-ship. Made it by the skin of my teeth.

3) After 1 1/2 hours, I've completed 4 out of 24 missions, and just reached miner level 3. Clearly there's a boatload of content here.

Needless to say, the awesomeness level just keeps rising.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:09 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Wow just bought.. I usually dont go for the pricier games on the store but this looks great. Especially with all the early praise by squarezero, gotta get this lol
Old 02-05-2010, 11:32 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

So... this is a good game then?
Old 02-05-2010, 11:55 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

So is this game unlimited, or are there a certain amount of missions you do? Like, does the game have an end?
Old 02-06-2010, 12:02 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Send a message via ICQ to Jarek Send a message via MSN to Jarek Send a message via Skype™ to Jarek

I don't think so. Storyline may end, but You should be able to mine all around freely. I hope so, at least.

I love this game. I have been playing it for two hours, reached licence level 3, discovered a bunch of secrets and explored... my own sector - Milkycliff! I had to rescue 15 tourist there and I managed to do it, for the first time being on time. I love background in that sector, and fog in previous.
My ship is now Battle Cruiser which is hard like shell and no droid can crack it.

I am still amazed, how fluent this game is: You won't find a lag here, glitch or sudden stop. Everything works smoothly, I don't mean graphic only here but relation between technical side and storyline.
If I may give You a tip: be careful with buying engines - if Your ship was too light, You experience some tourbulences and oversteering!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magihiro View Post
So is this game unlimited, or are there a certain amount of missions you do? Like, does the game have an end?
There are 23 official missions in the game, but you can mine sectors, fight robot miners, collect alien tech, and upgrade your ship and your mining license to your heart's content. In fact, missions don't come one after the other in a sequence, but arise as you make you're way through the sectors and gain cash/experience. I guess the game ends when you've explored every corner and mined every asteroid. There's over forty sectors, though, so that would take you a while.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek View Post
I don't think so. Storyline may end, but You should be able to mine all around freely. I hope so, at least.

I love this game. I have been playing it for two hours, reached licence level 3, discovered a bunch of secrets and explored... my own sector - Milkycliff! I had to rescue 15 tourist there and I managed to do it, for the first time being on time. I love background in that sector, and fog in previous.
My ship is now Battle Cruiser which is hard like shell and no droid can crack it.

I am still amazed, how fluent this game is: You won't find a lag here, glitch or sudden stop. Everything works smoothly, I don't mean graphic only here but relation between technical side and storyline.
If I may give You a tip: be careful with buying engines - if Your ship was too light, You experience some tourbulences and oversteering!
Did you rescue the wealthy, important man already? That's my favorite mission so far -- that robot-ship was mean!