★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Enerbrix - Make your own light ways

02-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Enerbrix - Make your own light ways

Hi there,

We at TipTap Team, would like to share with community our last Game: 'Enerbrix'.

Company: Tip Tap Games
Game Name: Enerbrix
Genre: Puzzle / Strategy
Buy at: Click Here to Buy

Description:
Are you bored of playing same puzzle games once and once again? Then Enerbrix is for you!
Prepare your brain and your finger for this new challenge. Each level of Enerbrix defies more and more your ability, speed and intelligence. With Enerbrix you will have endless hours of fun. The more you play you will want to play.

Features include
• Innovative and outrageously funny style of game.
• Beautiful graphics full of light.
• 2 Different game modes:
• Classic Mode: Could you able to remain calm while you are invaded by a rain of brix? Remember, the secret is to think coolly and act fast.
• Cross Over Mode: It seems to be easier, isn't it?
• 3 Challenging levels to start: Easy, Medium, Hard.
• Magnetip control system: We are proud to bring you our exclusive control system. MagneTip control converts your finger into a magnet, so the pieces that you want to select will go automatically to your finger and they will always do exactly what you want to do.
• Convenient auto saved system: Don't worry about loss your progress, Enerbrix saves automatically your game, so you will never loss any of your movements.
• Endless hours of fun.
• Different powerups including thunderbolt or freeze.
• Combo Sytem: The better movement, the higher score.
• Rich sound effects and vibrant music.

Discover this addictive and refreshing game which brings you the fun to the next level!
Enerbrix, make your own light ways.

Watch how we enjoy Enerbrix:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Screenshots:

King Regards, TipTap Team.
02-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Tubes meets Tetris; clever idea. The pacing looks intense.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

02-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Tubes meets Tetris; clever idea. The pacing looks intense.
Definitely intrigued.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi there,

You are right, Enerbrix is a mixture between 'tetris' and 'pipemania', the result is a really intense and addictive Game.

The goal of Enerbrix is simple, make ways of light from an Enerbrix to another Enerbrix as quickly as you can, and destroy the required number of brix before the time is up or the brix overflow your board. The biggest way of light, the highest score.

02-06-2010, 02:55 PM
While essentially already covered, just to be uniform about it:

Now onto the game itself:

As others had commented it is a cool hybrid of Pipe Mania and Tetris in a way. In the Classic Mode random pieces come raining down and once landed you are free to rotate them as well as move them (as far as I can tell you can never lift them up, just slide them left or right and let them drop down if they hit a gap in the row). The basic game pieces come in four varieties (Cross, Corner, Tee, and Line) with the vast majority being un-energized. Your goal is to eliminate the required amount of pieces in the required time frame in order to move onto a new fresh level where the bricks will rain down even faster (and for more points). To clear pieces you need to make a continuous path between any two energized pieces (heck they could be right next to each other) and the two energized ends as well as all the connected pieces the energy traveled through to get to the other end are eliminated. As is typical in these kind of games, bigger paths used to connect two pieces will mean progressively more points (i.e. two groups of 2 are nowhere near as much as one group of 4). This path will always take the most efficient route between the two pieces so even if you had most of the board all connected up in your "pipeline", if the route to connect the two energized pieces only requires it to travel through a few of these pieces, the rest of the board will remain uncleared.

Crossover tweaks the basic play a bit, In this mode all blocks start off un-energized but both walls are. Also, in this mode the blocks don't rain down but come up from the ground in solid rows at regular intervals like Collapse. So to clear pieces you simply need to make a path through the lines from one wall to the wall on the other side. While a straight line across is often easy enough, if you can make it into something snaky that takes out even more bricks or are luck enough to have a new pathway between the walls form from the cascading pieces after your last pathway cleared, even better!

I love the game but do have two nit picks:

1) I would really like it if the game stored the last name I entered so I'm not forced to re-enter it each time. Sure I should always have the choice to edit the highscore name but it should at least default to whatever name was entered last.

2) I could simply be missing this but I hope the game is giving me an end of level bonus for whatever time I have left on the clock. If this is already factored in perhaps you should make it a little more clear by, at the end of the level showing the timer quickly spin down and points get added to the player's score so it is more clear where the bonus is coming from. While this would be an almost mandatory bonus for me, another end of level bonus idea you could add is giving players points for all of the unoccupied space left at the end of a level (like +X for every unused space on the grid once the level ends).

My iTunes Reviews
02-06-2010, 08:04 PM
LordGek - Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and we are glad that you liked the game so much . We will take into account your comments for future releases.
02-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptapgames View Post
LordGek - Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and we are glad that you liked the game so much . We will take into account your comments for future releases.
No problem. Tomorrow I'll have this review more or less up on iTunes.

My iTunes Reviews
02-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Thanks you, We will appreciate so much the review in the appStore.

02-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Interesting...

What are the game rules?
02-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranTorino View Post
What are the game rules?
Did you read my post?