★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Cutthroat Tactics

01-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Cutthroat Tactics

Our App used to have a rating of four stars.

The same day our only competition lowered his price we got hit with five one star reviews. Instantly our App fell like a rock and we went from 150 sales per day to only 15.

Now that we released our update our is back into the top 100 and in the same area as it was before (but not the same sales) We have had five, five star reviews since we updated but our rating has not changed at all.
Yesterday I noticed a new five star review and then two hours later it was removed. Now we got hit by two one star reviews, this time they did not even write, they just submitted a blank one star review

What's interesting is that we have now passed our competition in ranking and we have started to receive one star reviews once again.

Honestly as much as I hate to think it, I feel that our competition is sabotaging our rating. This is not something new as I have read about other devs dealing with this type of thing. It's just sad that someone would stoop so low.

Support Your Local Developers! Purchase Apps!
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...300161812&mt=8
01-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
That is total crap, I hope you're able to fix things or get Apple's attention somehow.

01-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
this would make for a PERFECT game title!

---

but seriously. that is so unfair for them to do that.

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **

Last edited by superbad; 01-28-2009 at 08:56 PM.
01-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SudoWorks LLC View Post
Our App used to have a rating of four stars.

The same day our only competition lowered his price we got hit with five one star reviews. Instantly our App fell like a rock and we went from 150 sales per day to only 15.

Now that we released our update our is back into the top 100 and in the same area as it was before (but not the same sales) We have had five, five star reviews since we updated but our rating has not changed at all.
Yesterday I noticed a new five star review and then two hours later it was removed. Now we got hit by two one star reviews, this time they did not even write, they just submitted a blank one star review

What's interesting is that we have now passed our competition in ranking and we have started to receive one star reviews once again.

Honestly as much as I hate to think it, I feel that our competition is sabotaging our rating. This is not something new as I have read about other devs dealing with this type of thing. It's just sad that someone would stoop so low.
Wow, it's a shame if the Devs really are doing that. You guys have gotten glowing reviews from this site, so a 2.5 average is pretty strange, especially the timing of it. It's a dog-eat-dog world I guess in the App Store, and the better apps should have the higher ratings, but everyone wants money... Sorry if you're being sabotaged mate, I would feel horrible if I were in your position

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
01-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Aww I thought this was a thread for some Pirate themed Tactics Game.

But that's wrong of them. Fire Back? aha.
01-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
this would make for a PERFECT game title!
i know lol

i searched for "cutthroat tactics" right away cuz i wanted to play it (oops)

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
01-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Who looks at ratings? Seriously you guys spend to much time considering, thinking about, complaining about stars. Your sales probably dropped off because people were buying the cheaper app not because of stars.

The 1 star ratings could be people deleting the app. If they don't submit a review iTunes gives it a 1 star rating.

Life is too short to worry about stars. Focus on making great apps and giving out promos to websites that review apps.

I look at 4 places for new apps.
Touch Arcade
AppVee
MacRumors
YouTube (gameplay videos)
IGN

The only time I see iTunes is the click thru links.
01-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Sounds like someone needs a visit from the brass knuckle fairy.

...I'm not saying you should hurt anybody, but... you know... sometimes people get hurt. That's all I'm saying.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 6.png
Views:	9
Size:	387.1 KB
ID:	953  
01-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
Wow, it's a shame if the Devs really are doing that. You guys have gotten glowing reviews from this site, so a 2.5 average is pretty strange, especially the timing of it. It's a dog-eat-dog world I guess in the App Store, and the better apps should have the higher ratings, but everyone wants money... Sorry if you're being sabotaged mate, I would feel horrible if I were in your position
Well I have said it a few times but something is just not right.

here is how our reviews block out

We have: 29 reviews

15 Five Star Reviews

6 Four Star Reviews

1 Three Star Review

2 Two Star Reviews

5 One Star Reviews

That's 111 Total Stars Divided by 29 total reviews

3.8 Stars per review is the average. ?

Our current rating is 2.5 stars

Support Your Local Developers! Purchase Apps!
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...300161812&mt=8
01-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Just posted a 4 star review one itunes after reading, whats your competition anyways?

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago