★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Cool Scoops update..New Themes!

02-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Cool Scoops update..New Themes!

This one's pretty cool. Same old scoops, but it looks like Sky Burger. Check out the screenies.

02-06-2010, 10:20 AM
nice...now needs openfeint

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ

02-06-2010, 10:32 AM
They are using Plus+ at the moment and I would be MORE than happy with that, however openfeint would be my number 1 choice. I just don't have the incentive to play this game anymore without quality leaderboards and that is sad because I love this game.

Plus+ or openfeint please ? ................pretty please ?

This is a great update that gives some variety and makes the game fresh. We just need that extra step...........nice competitive leaderboards. If enough people ask, I am sure they will add this feature.
02-06-2010, 11:37 AM
I love OpenFeint, but I would hate to see it implemented in NimbleBit games; I think it would take away the charm. Scoops already has a great high score system and UI.

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
02-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
I would be worried that by adding Plus+ some people might dislike losing the ability to compete locally with friends and family, thoughts?
02-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeenmachine View Post
I would be worried that by adding Plus+ some people might dislike losing the ability to compete locally with friends and family, thoughts?
Yeah, I'd rather keep the local high-score boards in Scoops and no social networking integration.

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
02-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Can't you have both? Keep the local scores in game, and everythig else with plus+
02-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbname View Post
Can't you have both? Keep the local scores in game, and everythig else with plus+
The only way I can think of this working is forcing people to log out of Plus+ if they want to use the local board. Otherwise you'd be asking people to log in to Plus+ AND enter their initials after each game which seems pretty odd.

Also here are some screens from the Kawaii theme not shown in the OP!

Last edited by eeenmachine; 02-06-2010 at 11:59 AM.
02-06-2010, 11:57 AM
I've been thinking about Plus+ and OpenFeint lately and I've come to this conclusion. They're used for two main things; achievements and leaderboards. They also add bulk to the game that they're implemented in.

Now Scoops already has an excellent leaderboard (I like how the scores reset everyday). As far as achievements go, what could you add? Stacked past Mars. Stacked 3 of the same flavour in a row.

Another thing I love about NimbleBit games are how well the UI is thought out. I think adding a separate social networking program would take away the charm.

I really love all NimbleBit games, but I think adding Plus+ or OpenFeint would add unnecessary bulk to the game.

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
02-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew2468 View Post
I've been thinking about Plus+ and OpenFeint lately and I've come to this conclusion. They're used for two main things; achievements and leaderboards. They also add bulk to the game that they're implemented in.

Now Scoops already has an excellent leaderboard (I like how the scores reset everyday). As far as achievements go, what could you add? Stacked past Mars. Stacked 3 of the same flavour in a row.

Another thing I love about NimbleBit games are how well the UI is thought out. I think adding a separate social networking program would take away the charm.

I really love all NimbleBit games, but I think adding Plus+ or OpenFeint would add unnecessary bulk to the game.
I will say I think it is kind of weird how there are 2 separate boards in Scoops (twiiter and the daily boards). I think it would actually be a simplification to replace those 2 systems with Plus+. But getting rid of the 2 original scoreboards could potentially irk people, and I don't think having all 3 is a good solution. That is why I'm torn.