★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Tatem Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 18.6 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: 1.5 million of downloads for iGibbets, 1.5 million people addicted to iGibbets can't be wrong! Over 30 million times original Gibbets game was played on Flash and now its time to get this great experience on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Enjoy!

iGibbets is an easy, entertaining and exciting game. Youll have to make a small effort to save a lot of peoples lives. All you need for that is already at your fingertips: accuracy, attention and logic. The controls are very simple: put your finger on the bow and direct the arrow to the required point. Sounds easy, but being a hero means acting fast. Mistakes are literally fatal!

iGibbets video: http://tinyurl.com/igibbets

For news and updates:
on Facebook: www.facebook.com/tatemgames
on Twitter: www.twitter.com/tatemgames
on YouTube: www.youtube.com/tatemgames

Thank you for playing our games. We read all of your comments and do our best to make the game better. Keep going!
02-07-2010, 11:15 AM

02-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Oh wow, somehow I find this oddly disturbing. Surely its great game play and all but the characters freak me out a little.

Edit: Though I did just check it out a little and apparently there is a flash version with the same name (minus the i); so I might be in the minority!

Last edited by New England Gamer; 02-07-2010 at 11:23 AM.
02-07-2010, 11:22 AM
my type of game...ill probably like it as much as angry birds
02-07-2010, 12:04 PM
it's mine!
02-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Game Impressions

I downloaded iGibbets, sat down, and proceeded to play through every single one of the 30 levels provided. On one hand, this shows the developers nailed the fun-factor and this makes it worth the price of admission. On the other hand, it shows how fleeting the experience is and that the outcry for additional content will ring out across the land (although you can activate Hard Mode, which seems to be replaying the same levels, but with fewer arrows in your quiver).

Each level presents the player with several poor souls hanging from gibbets, soon to be executed. It's the player's job to "save" the victims, by shooting each noose with an arrow. If a stray arrow or two happen to graze one of these fellows...hey, it's better than dying, good sir knight. To sever the cords, the player simply presses the convenient bow and arrow icon, drags it to set angle and distance, and then releases to let it fly. Arrows are a valuable commodity in this line of work, so the player is sometimes presented with a powerup that provides three additional arrows when shot. For those hard to reach places, a ricochet powerup can be shot, which bounces the arrow in a predetermined direction.

Sometimes, the player must shoot down a stack of boxes in order to take aim at the vict...uhh, rope...the rope...the one that suspends the victim. I mean...shooting directly at the guy would just be sadistic...*nervous laughter*. Anyway, these stacks of crates may seem out of place, but after a little research, I found that this practice is somewhat historically accurate. Executioners would oftentimes stack boxes at various locations near the gallows, in order to prevent some sissyboy from spoiling a perfectly good execution by "saving" the victim with a well-placed shot.

The physics model is good, the challenge is adequate, and let's face it, piercing a guy in the neck...and then the elbow...and then the ankle is just inherently fun! I don't think anyone would dispute that, particularly when the target is hanging from a noose; now that is Comedy Gold, "Arterial Sprays for 200, Trebek." In fact, the overall experience this title provides is so real and so compelling that it may even serve as a safe outlet for people who enjoy shooting criminals down from the gallows, in real life.

To the potential naysayers, let me assure you, no actual prison inmates on death row were harmed during the filming this video game.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
02-07-2010, 02:28 PM
great review! thanks, buying now. Hopefully they will add more levels later.
02-07-2010, 02:29 PM
This is actually a pretty fun game. I did try to upload my score though and it did not work.
02-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
This is actually a pretty fun game. I did try to upload my score though and it did not work.
Yeah, the scoring is jacked anyway, I think. For me, it always says I used 13 arrows. My score did post properly to the leaderboards, though...an embarrassing 8th place. I need play through again! lol

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
02-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
Just played the flash game not so long ago, SO much fun, is it made by the same creator or is it another rip-off?

Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.