Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 07:57 AM

Default THE QUEST - coming soon - a stunning world full of magic

Coming soon to iPhone - THE QUEST is a graphically stunning, engaging and sinister world full of magic, music and provocative challenges.

Follow us on Twitter and receive news as it happens

Choose from five customizable races and an array of skills, attributes, weapons, armor and enchantments, then explore a huge non-linear realm of four different cities and a wilderness of mountains, caves, lakes and forests.

Play an absorbing card game, solve brain-teasing quests and clash with dangerous opponents in this turn- and skill-based role playing game.

You will have many choices, including some that may place you against the law, along your way to the dramatic end of your own choosing. You will need all your gaming know-how to survive and discover your destiny!

The game is currently in beta -- release is imminent ! Developed by Redshift, Published by Chillingo

THE QUEST for iPhone screenshots.

Qshot1.jpg
Qshot2.jpg
Qshot3.jpg
Qshot9.jpg
Qshot5.jpg
Qshot6.jpg
Qshot7.jpg
Qshot8.jpg
Old 01-29-2009, 07:59 AM

Wow.
Old school. Looks like the Elder Scrolls: Arena
Old 01-29-2009, 08:00 AM
iPhone 3G, iOS 5.x

How much will it be? If it's affordable then I'm going to pick it up, right after Payback, Bullet Skater, and Cellfactor.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:23 AM

This looks like exactly the kind of game I have been waiting for. When you move through the land, is it rendered, or is it like a slideshow where it redraws as you make each step? Ultima Underworld was one of my favborite games of all time, and this looks like it will play out similiar to that... if movement is rendered.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPodder View Post
This looks like exactly the kind of game I have been waiting for. When you move through the land, is it rendered, or is it like a slideshow where it redraws as you make each step? Ultima Underworld was one of my favborite games of all time, and this looks like it will play out similiar to that... if movement is rendered.
Notice the little arrows on the side bar? I'm pretty sure it's slideshow type of deal.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:35 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Looks oldschoolicious!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfsige View Post
Notice the little arrows on the side bar? I'm pretty sure it's slideshow type of deal.
Probably, and it looks that way, but the ones I used to play that were fully rendered also had the movement keys, which you held down to move, so it could be either. In this case, though, it looks like they are going for really really old school which would mean, yep. No harm in wishful thiking, though.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPodder View Post
Probably, and it looks that way, but the ones I used to play that were fully rendered also had the movement keys, which you held down to move, so it could be either. In this case, though, it looks like they are going for really really old school which would mean, yep. No harm in wishful thiking, though.
Yea, well heres hoping too, but it's a step in the right direction at least. Not sure how good this thing will be but I will keep an eye on it.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:44 AM

I think it is based on the Palm or PocketPC version. Here's a link to a review of the Palm version.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:47 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default Meh

Just click on the redshift link then look at the pocket PC game the Quest ---find out what that was like and you will know what the game is about --- I do believe they are the same thing....just another port.

Closed Thread