★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Promo code blowout for FLIP (Full Version)! Secret code revealed!

01-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Promo code blowout for FLIP (Full Version)! Secret code revealed!

FLIP is a puzzle game containing three game modes, two of which contain nearly 200 brain-busting puzzles. The other mode, standard mode, contains virtually unlimited play and replay value. All modes use the motion sensors of the iPhone as a main input method – you literally flip your iPhone to solve puzzles. Standard mode, a unique but more traditional game style, also uses the touch screen.

To get a promo code, follow instructions below:

We have waited patiently for someone to figure out the FLIP secret code and now one FLIP player, using our riddle (below), has discovered the hidden secret! His name is cyprianoman on YouTube and Digg and he has put up a video on Digg.

We will send you a promo code if you do these simply things:

1) Digg cyprianoman’s article on Digg: http://digg.com/apple/Drawing_Contra...Reveals_Secret

2) Email us your Digg username to: info@ebattalion.com

3) We will email you back the promo code for the full version FLIP – we will also keep on file for future promo codes.

Riddle (currently 5 down on Google list):
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...e+Search&meta=

FLIP on iTunes:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301461765&mt=8

Thanks for being part of the eBattalion team!
01-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Best secret added to a game ever.

I think just about anyone who owned a NES in the late 80's and 90's knows the Contra code by heart.

I love that you guys added that into the game and even left a riddle about it!

I only wish I had stumbled across that myself. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

01-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Hahahaha! It's the Konami Code. I'm sure it's been wikipedia-fied, because it works on several other games besides Contra. Heck, you needed it without a Game Genie!

MacBookPro 17" 2.33, 23" LCD, Ipod Touch 1st Gen- JB'd, Iphone 3g - not JB'd----yet.
01-29-2009, 02:29 PM
I fulfilled the requirements of the contest (a bit slow from my iPhone), I will await a code. I'm doubtful that there are any however as there were 92 diggs when I dugg it!

Update: man these guys are fast/good, got a return email within about 15 minutes, thanks eBattalion!

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

Last edited by rich_952000; 01-29-2009 at 04:05 PM.
01-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Haha, if you try the code in any of the sub-versions, such as Puzzle Flip, you'll get a message when you do the code.

It makes reference of the message seen in Mario games.

Quote:
Oh magical Finger, you have discovered the FLIP secret!

Thank you Finger! But our revelation is in another version!

If you download the full version, basically for the price of a coffee, you will get nearly 100 more puzzles with speed mode and virtually unlimited play and replay value with standard mode.

Would you like to download the full version now?

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I fulfilled the requirements of the contest (a bit slow from my iPhone), I will await a code. I'm doubtful that there are any however as there were 92 diggs when I dugg it!

Update: man these guys are fast/good, got a return email within about 15 minutes, thanks eBattalion!
Crap! I replied to this same post *yesterday* in a different forum: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=4403 and I *still* haven't received word! (And there was only 15 diggs then!)

Where's the love, eBattalion? Where?

Oy! What are you playing at!

Current favs: The Incident, Chopper 2, Doodle God, Carcassonne
Classics: iFighter, Canabalt, Meteor Blitz, Zombieville USA, Minigore
01-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosui View Post
Crap! I replied to this same post *yesterday* in a different forum: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=4403 and I *still* haven't received word! (And there was only 15 diggs then!)

Where's the love, eBattalion? Where?
Did you definately give them the right Digg username? I just happened to catch mine had an error, and hurries to email them with the correct info.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
01-29-2009, 04:56 PM
I sent an email in, havent received anything yet as well.
01-29-2009, 05:08 PM
This is one of the best easter eggs ever.
01-29-2009, 05:15 PM
"Paying" people to digg articles up or offering compensation for digging articles is against the TOS...keep doing this if you want to get banned. You might want to take this post down.