★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Does this annoy you too?

02-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Does this annoy you too?

Do these types of user reviews annoy you?

1. The Bargain- "If you change ________, I'll change my comment to 5 stars instead of 1." (Especially bad on Gameloft/ other big name games)

2. The Lazy- "OMG, this game is like, SOOO hard. It's like impossible. It's not even fun... " (Especially bad on Labyrinth 2/ Jet Car Stunts)

3. The Unclear- "Waste of money" or "Horrible" (especially bad on good-rated games)

4. The Cheap- "This is sooo not worth 10 dollars. More like 2 dollars." or even worse: "I don't like this game, it should be free." (Especially bad on Gameloft games/ cheap games for a dollar)

5. The Confused- e.g. "OMG, Pocket God is such a ripoff of Pocket Devil." (I'm serious, I actually saw this comment.) or "OMG, PapiJump sooo ripped off Doodle Jump" (even though Papi came months before).

6. The Spoiled: "The graphics suck..." on super-polished games. I've seen this comment on Avatar, NOVA, Zen Bound, and even the most-polished graphical game, Enviro-Bear 2010.

7. (by user one f jef)- The Pretentious Aficionado- "People whom I do not agree with or who do not know as much about iDevice video games as me are stupid and annoying and thus their arguments are invalid."

These kinds of comments really bug me. Any other types you can add? Let's get a big list!

Last edited by funkynubman; 02-08-2010 at 02:36 PM.
02-08-2010, 02:34 PM
7. The Pretentious Aficionado- "People whom I do not agree with or who do not know as much about iDevice video games as me are stupid and annoying and thus their arguments are invalid."

Yeah, I said it: Your Tower Defense/Stick Figure/Block game sucks.

02-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by one f jef View Post
7. The Pretentious Aficionado- "People whom I do not agree with or who do not know as much about iDevice video games as me are stupid and annoying and thus their arguments are invalid."
Nice. I'll add that to the list.
02-08-2010, 02:48 PM
-Overused emoticons- when a person puts pretty much nothing other than a ton of emoticons and then a word like FUN or CRAP and then more emoticons...
02-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
-Overused emoticons- when a person puts pretty much nothing other than a ton of emoticons and then a word like FUN or CRAP and then more emoticons...
LOL totally agreed
02-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkynubman View Post
1. The Bargain- "If you change ________, I'll change my comment to 5 stars instead of 1."
And of course, if a dev adds ________ they never actually come back to update the rating. A variant of this is "If you add feature X I'll give you more stars". Meanwhile, feature X is already in the app.

Then of course you have the gushingly positive reviewers that leave 1 star. I especially enjoy those.

Personally I don't read comments any more - it's pointless. I prefer getting feedback in a forum or email, where I at least have a chance to reply.

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
Nozoku Rush Kick Math's Ass!
Critter Panic Break yer brain! FREE!
Silverfish & Silverfish MAX Hardcore arcade insanity!
Nozoku A casual game of math & logic.
More: cbox.me Twitter YouTube
02-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Also hate reviews that say- "stop reading and just buy it"
02-08-2010, 03:25 PM
At least they put in the time to write a review. Rating an App without a review is lame!
02-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Condello View Post
Then of course you have the gushingly positive reviewers that leave 1 star. I especially enjoy those.
yes, same. i always lol when i see one.
02-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by one f jef View Post
Should read: "People with whom I do not agree..."
Signed,
Pretentious Aficionado