★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Riddim Ribbon- Bad Song pricing?

View Poll Results: Do you think TTR gives you enough Song choice, and it's fairly priced?
Yes, it gives you enough music and gameplay for 3 bucks. 4 8.33%
No, I was wishing for a TTR style song-getting mechanism 28 58.33%
I'm not interested in Riddim Ribbon, so I don't care 16 33.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll
02-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Riddim Ribbon- Bad Song pricing?

Well, I would like to see if you guys agree. I just got riddim ribbon and I have to admit it's a disappointment. I payed 3$ for it and got some music that really, really isn't my cup of tea, and it doesn't have all those free tracks like TTR. I was really expecting free tracks and maybe a cheaper price.

So my question is:

Do you think TTR gives you enough Song choice, and it's fairly priced?

Beta: project 72, surf prodigy, ionage, cat trap, Heavy gunner

App Blog!
http://iptapp.wordpress.com/

Last edited by motitas; 02-08-2010 at 06:58 PM.
02-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Think for yourself. Does 'a dollar a song' sound reasonable to you?

02-09-2010, 12:43 AM
It might still be a few months or years before people learn that Beatrider is the only musical rhythm game in the store worth the money, excluding the free or $0.99 ones.
02-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Dude stop being cheap

You are getting a song that is overlayed with multiple remixes, a pretty fun game and brilliant graphics for less than it costs on iTunes.

If you don't like BEP leave the game along and stop your whining. No one forced you to buy the game

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
02-09-2010, 01:58 AM
Actually, some guy held a gun at his forehead and threatened him to buy the game, otherwise, he was going to shoot him and his family.
02-09-2010, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Guy View Post
Actually, some guy held a gun at his forehead and threatened him to buy the game, otherwise, he was going to shoot him and his family.
No I didn't.

Sokaroka
Graal HQ - http://graal-ta.weebly.com/
(Very outdated, haven't played Graal in years, but still has some decent guides etc. if you wanna update it/take over feel free to PM me)
02-09-2010, 01:59 PM
It's $3, and you get a $1 song from iTunes and a $1 credit towards any 2-song download pack in TTR3, so the game is really only $1.

I am not a BEP fan, and I would have preferred the included tracks span multiple artists, so I purchased "Escape Me" from Tiesto, and I really like that song a lot and that sealed the deal for me... I can now say I like this game.

To directly answer your question, I donít think itís a fair comparison with the pricing of TTR. Each track requires a lot more work by musicians and artists to produce compared to TTR where the audio is untouched, and the themes are way simpler. This post explains how much work goes into a RR track: http://getsatisfaction.com/tapulous/..._a_peek_inside

So given that, I think it is very much fairly priced, and 3 free plus 3 paid songs at launch is fair. But if that concerns you, just wait until there are 20+ songs before you purchase. Just keep in mind that the iTunes and TTR freebies are limited time.
02-09-2010, 03:31 PM
more than the price of the songs, it's the lack of free songs and variety. Also I understand it takes lots of effort (now ) but I'm sure they can make a "builder" for RR songs. Anyways, I'm sure tons of indie artists would remix their songs for some sort of free advertisement.

Quote:
yeah, I know. Due to the fact that I live in a country with no itunes giftcards, and I have no credit card I'm a very, very stingy buyer. Anyways the problem for me is more of what you get when you buy the game, not how much additional songs cost

Beta: project 72, surf prodigy, ionage, cat trap, Heavy gunner

App Blog!
http://iptapp.wordpress.com/

Last edited by motitas; 02-09-2010 at 03:37 PM.
02-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
itune $1 and $1 in my wallet somewhat worth different to me.. i could easily give $1 to my friends when they need to buy drink or whatever, but when i spend $1 on itune feels like i got rip off lol...
02-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
It might still be a few months or years before people learn that Beatrider is the only musical rhythm game in the store worth the money, excluding the free or $0.99 ones.
God forbid the day people start thinking like you.

back