★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Lock 'n' Roll Pro

01-29-2009, 12:21 PM
#1
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 858
Lock 'n' Roll Pro

It looks like Canned Bananas has released Lock 'n' Roll Pro after all the brouhaha over the ads in the free version.

http://appshopper.com/games/lock-n-roll-pro
http://cannedbanana.wordpress.com/ (blog post explaining a little about the free/pro issue)

The pro version is now $2.99. I was one of the ones screaming loudly for a paid version, but I expected it to come in around $.99-$1.99. It seems a little high to me. But I bought it earlier today because it's a good game, and I am true to my word.

What do you guys think? I know there are a lot of Lock 'n' Roll fans around here. Are you going to upgrade to the Pro version or are you content with the ad supported original? Does anyone else have a problem with the "white boxy outline" that follows the dice around the board? For the life of me, I did not have this issue prior to the upgrade, but now I see it on Canned Bananas own YouTube demo, so maybe it's intentional?
01-29-2009, 12:23 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
It looks like Canned Bananas has released Lock 'n' Roll Pro after all the brouhaha over the ads in the free version.

http://appshopper.com/games/lock-n-roll-pro
http://cannedbanana.wordpress.com/ (blog post explaining a little about the free/pro issue)

The pro version is now $2.99. I was one of the ones screaming loudly for a paid version, but I expected it to come in around $.99-$1.99. It seems a little high to me. But I bought it earlier today because it's a good game, and I am true to my word.

What do you guys think? I know there are a lot of Lock 'n' Roll fans around here. Are you going to upgrade to the Pro version or are you content with the ad supported original? Does anyone else have a problem with the "white boxy outline" that follows the dice around the board? For the life of me, I did not have this issue prior to the upgrade, but now I see it on Canned Bananas own YouTube demo, so maybe it's intentional?
I'll buy it when the update comes out or when a price drop comes. I'm happy with the ad-supported one for now

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

01-29-2009, 12:27 PM
#3
2.99? If only they add more elements than the 1000 points bonus. Love the game! Got used to the ads. Hate it but it's a free game. I play it everyday, hoping to break 10K, I'm 300 shy!

MacBookPro 17" 2.33, 23" LCD, Ipod Touch 1st Gen- JB'd, Iphone 3g - not JB'd----yet.
01-29-2009, 12:32 PM
#4
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcescott View Post
2.99? If only they add more elements than the 1000 points bonus. Love the game! Got used to the ads. Hate it but it's a free game. I play it everyday, hoping to break 10K, I'm 300 shy!
10K... I have a lot of work to do.

2.99 struck me as quite high for this game, but I guess they intend to add updates. It seems they pushed the Pro version out early because of the crying over the ads. Though, I have a feeling there will be a sale in the near future.
01-29-2009, 12:38 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
10K... I have a lot of work to do.

2.99 struck me as quite high for this game, but I guess they intend to add updates. It seems they pushed the Pro version out early because of the crying over the ads. Though, I have a feeling there will be a sale in the near future.
my highscore is somewhere aroun 3000,

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
01-29-2009, 01:14 PM
#6
Check the other thread, I posted my tricks I do. It's a learning process on the game. My goal is to post on the online high score, at least the 24 hour one.

MacBookPro 17" 2.33, 23" LCD, Ipod Touch 1st Gen- JB'd, Iphone 3g - not JB'd----yet.
01-29-2009, 02:13 PM
#7
So that's weird, because for some reason, I have the original lock 'n' roll, but there are no ads, just like Pro. However, the first time I played it after the update, there were ads, but now there aren't any, so I guess I have the pro version, or just a glitch?
01-29-2009, 02:38 PM
#8
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 219
I didn't update the original in order to avoid the ads, but deleted it recently to get rid if the reminder.
01-29-2009, 02:56 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofbbq View Post
So that's weird, because for some reason, I have the original lock 'n' roll, but there are no ads, just like Pro. However, the first time I played it after the update, there were ads, but now there aren't any, so I guess I have the pro version, or just a glitch?

Well, you'll know if you gain an extra 1000 points for an earned joker if you have two already. Plus the reset button and worldwide high scores on the info side.

MacBookPro 17" 2.33, 23" LCD, Ipod Touch 1st Gen- JB'd, Iphone 3g - not JB'd----yet.

Last edited by dcescott; 01-29-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: left off a zero to make 1000 points. sigh.
01-29-2009, 03:02 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcescott View Post
Well, you'll know if you gain an extra 100 points for an earned joker if you have two already. Plus the reset button and worldwide high scores on the info side.
I'll check it soon, but I know I have worldwide high scores. So you say there should be a reset button on the regular game screen or the menu?