★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Remakes & Conversions

01-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Remakes & Conversions

I am sure I am not the only one here who is little bit older and who spent his youth playing some true classics on C64, Spectrum and Amiga...

Yes you can call me bit of a retro freak

In any case, treat this thread as "wish list" of the games YOU would like to see converted or remade for iPhone or Touch.

Here is mine to start with:

1. Laser Squad

I am pretty much craving for decent turn base strategy and what's better than Laser Squad / X-Com conversion! I also think it would suite the platform rather nicely too

2. Xennon 2 Megablast

For hezuz sake how hard really is to make decent vertical shooter!?!? I mean we have ideal platform for it and everyone seems to be doing utter vertical shooting crap for it... Can someone please step back and provide us with Xennon 2 type of experience - pretty please!

3. Monkey Island

Point and click adventures were great! They died only coz of utter noobs and idiots with no frekn IQ or sense of fun... And again, we have great platform here for solid point and click adventure. Solid one! Not crap one Something like Monkey Island or Beneath the Steal Sky or similar...

4. Dizzy Series (suggested by Diablohead)

As good platformer gets really (well almost lol)! Bring back the EGG! eeeeeeeee

5. Turrican 2 (suggested by Your Personal Robot)

I remember spending age grinding through dozens upon dozens of insane levels. Not sure how it would play on i device but great suggestion anyway

That will do for now...

In case you have something "good and old" you would love to see running on i devices please post!

Who knows we might even inspire someone with this thread

Last edited by -=XX=-Nephilim; 01-29-2009 at 03:04 PM.
01-29-2009, 02:28 PM
The old Contra games or Metroid. For something really obscure maybe Jet Force Gemini. And I'm only 14 so these "retro" games may not be so retro.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!

01-29-2009, 02:31 PM
he-man for C64

I would like to see the Dizzy games on the app-store, awesome games.

3D modelling, design and sequential artist / GameCenter ID: Diab
01-29-2009, 02:32 PM
OMFG!

Dizzy games!

Nice one man

EDIT:

In fact Dizzy suggestion is so frekn great I'll add it to the top post
01-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Galaxian or Galaga.

Centipede is holding me over right now, but it can't last forever.
01-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
Galaxian or Galaga.
Eh, I could do without either. Though they are classics. I'd rather have Duck Hunt! Oh, I forgot, there's already an illegal port! BTW, you should pick it up before Apple takes it away.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
01-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Turrican 2

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
01-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHrox View Post
Eh, I could do without either. Though they are classics. I'd rather have Duck Hunt! Oh, I forgot, there's already an illegal port! BTW, you should pick it up before Apple takes it away.
It's legal to buy as long as it's in the app store
01-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
It's legal to buy as long as it's in the app store
I don't know. People actually said it just, slipped through. It never had Nintendo's permission and is being considered for a possible lawsuit. A flippin' lawsuit over Duck Hunt!

01-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHrox View Post
I don't know. People actually said it just, slipped through. It never had Nintendo's permission and is being considered for a possible lawsuit. A flippin' lawsuit over Duck Hunt!
The dev can definitely get in trouble, but there's no penalty for us buying it. Although, the more copies he sells, the worse Nintendo is going to hit him.