★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: SEAL Del Mundo Review - Feb 11, 2010

***** FUN, CHALLENGING, AND TIMELY...nice that some of game proceeds go to the SEAL - Naval Special Warfare Foundation.

Indeed, part of the proceeds from the game will help honor real-life SEAL heroes and their families by contributions that will be made to the SEAL - Naval Special Warfare Foundation.

In a game inspired by real-life events, lead Navy SEAL commandos on a clandestine mission to rescue hostages and re-take a hijacked cruise ship from modern-day pirates.

Your SEAL team has a variety of lethal weapons at its disposal, but you score more points by capturing rather than killing pirates as you fight to liberate the ship and free the hostages.

SEAL (Sea, Air, Land) veterans helped create SEAL Heroes: Pirate Takedown® in partnership with the SEAL - Naval Special Warfare Foundation, which provides critical assistance and support to SEAL heroes and their families.

Game features:
* Seven levels of play in different parts of the ship.
* Six choices of weapons -- four lethal and two non-lethal.
* Three SEAL commando players -- Cleaner, Gunner, and Demolisher.

Language: English

Requirements:
Compatible with iPhone and iTouch, OS 3.0 or later

Links:
SEAL - Naval Special Warfare Foundation
Navy SEALs
MobileAppWorks

Join us:
SEALHeroes.com
Twitter.com/SEALHeroes
Facebook.com/SEALHeroes
02-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Game Impressions

While there are only 7 levels in this game, SEAL Heroes provides a decent amount of content and plenty of replay value. The levels also tend to be quite long (in the second level you must make your way through a maze of rooms and hallways to free over 50 hostages. The controls are nice too, with a pad for movement and a button to fire in the direction your facing. Gameplay is practically dual stick shooter, however it also adds some action adventure as you explore the level for various achievements. Each level has it's own achievements which is one of the great replay aspects of the game. There are achievements for replaying the level with each character, killing all the pirates, not killing any pirates, etc. Another aspect that I really enjoy is the choices you make. You can choose to barge through the level slaughtering the pirates, or you can take just knock them unconscious.

I highly recommend the game for shooter fans looking for something a bit different.

02-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
While there are only 7 levels in this game, SEAL Heroes provides a decent amount of content and plenty of replay value. The levels also tend to be quite long (in the second level you must make your way through a maze of rooms and hallways to free over 50 hostages. The controls are nice too, with a pad for movement and a button to fire in the direction your facing. Gameplay is practically dual stick shooter, however it also adds some action adventure as you explore the level for various achievements. Each level has it's own achievements which is one of the great replay aspects of the game. There are achievements for replaying the level with each character, killing all the pirates, not killing any pirates, etc. Another aspect that I really enjoy is the choices you make. You can choose to barge through the level slaughtering the pirates, or you can take just knock them unconscious.

I highly recommend the game for shooter fans looking for something a bit different.
Sounds decent, but this is the kind of game that pretty much requires a video to seal the deal (so to speak). I never understand why developers/publishers ever release a game without a proper gameplay video.
02-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Sounds decent, but this is the kind of game that pretty much requires a video to seal the deal (so to speak). I never understand why developers/publishers ever release a game without a proper gameplay video.
I might be able to make a video later today, so watch this space.

02-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Is hostage and enemy placement randomized or, having played a level once or twice, will you pretty much know where everything is?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Game Impressions

Truly a must have game for tactical shooter fans!

Seal Heroes uses a top down view point with controls that work flawlessly. Every mission involves infiltrating an enemy ship with the goal of rescuing hostages and eliminating your enemy, while that may sound repetitive trust me it is not! There are 7 different weapons at your disposal; silenced pistol, silenced mp5, knife, tranquilizer gun, flash bangs and a shotgun. Now there are certain surprises that may happen in the missions for example HQ will radio and let you know they are hearing an increase in enemy chatter then a few moments later all of a sudden the power cuts out and you have to use thermal goggles to navigate around the ship, brilliant! With 7 missions that each have unique twists and challenges to them you really can not go wrong.

However every game has its issues and there are bugs in the audio department. At one point I was playing HQ was radioing in every so often and I could hear the voice reading the text at the bottom of the screen. Then the next time they radioed in the voice cut out and no one was reading the text. Also the main menu has no music which was kind of a bummer I guess. If you want to knit pick, if your shooting down a hallway the enemy's will ignore you unless you walk inside of their field of view.

Overall this is a must have app if you ask me if they update the game to fix the small bugs and add on future content I will be even happier!
02-14-2010, 02:50 PM
so is this like a tealth shooting game with dual stick controls?

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
02-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
so is this like a tealth shooting game with dual stick controls?
Pretty much the game is focused on stealth. It is possible to walk around and knife everyone if your skilled enough.
02-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Send a message via MSN to tukun
this one look very decent
im gonna camp here for gameplay video
02-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Randomized enemy placement on level replays?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews