★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mediatonic
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 25.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Extreme Lawn Bowls - the world famous tactical ball rolling sport has become renowned for its style, flair and spontaneous human combustion since conception. Are you ready to unleash an apocalypse on the bowling green?

Finally the number one Extreme Lawn Bowls simulator has come to YOUR iphone! Smash your opponents bowls from the arena and unleash devastating special moves for glory! With four tournaments, six-way multiplayer and a unique score attack mode Extreme Lawn Bowls offers the definitive bowls experience and fantastic value for money!

The crowd are at fever pitch, the competitors are ready, and the world is watching!

Lets play bowls!

--- FEATURES ---

- 4 unique Tournaments
- Special 10 stage score attack mode
- 6 way local multiplayer
- 8 Unique Characters with individual special moves
- Unbelievable trophies, items and hidden achievements to unlock
- Achievements and high-score integration with OpenFeint
- Extreme Drama!

--- REVIEWS ---

"A package that is tricky and titillating at the same time. Almost perfectly balanced, it's about as close to a top score as you can get" - 8/10, PocketGamer.

--- MORE INFO ---

Mediatonic are the creators of games such as Must.Eat.Birds and Amateur Surgeon. For game play videos and free wallpapers check out http://www.mediatonic.co.uk
02-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Any impressions of this one ?

02-09-2010, 08:45 AM
and I looked for video...unsuccessful in my search

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
02-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
and I looked for video...unsuccessful in my search

Yes, that's what we need ! A video might really help me decide
02-09-2010, 10:04 AM
02-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Looks cool. Although, it should be Extreme Lawn Bowling. Seems like some of the phrasing in that demo video was kind of off, too.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
02-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Looks cool, especially the characters. However, I am still unclear what the goal is and a game like this really comes down to controls. Anyone going to TOFTT?
02-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Looks cool, especially the characters. However, I am still unclear what the goal is and a game like this really comes down to controls. Anyone going to TOFTT?
Looks like a game of extreme bocce. In the video you can see the ghost player targeting the small white ball down field. You probably score by getting your ball closer to the target. My guess would be flick controls. I would like some impressions, for sure.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
02-09-2010, 02:00 PM
I've just bitten the bullet and bought the game and as far as I can see so far it is very good! The gameplay is how you would expect with the bowls thrown by drawing lines (but not necessarily flicking) to choose their trajectory. The special moves are all unique and the dialogue and music is very funny. You can have a 6 player game on one device taking it in turns and the graphics are very polished. It also has Openfeint 2.4 compatibilty so you can compare highscores and achievements. I highly reccomend this game and it is definitely worth the $2 price tag.
02-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
extreme lame bowls...

why does every character have to have their mouth open like they're having a seizure

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat