★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

CONFESSION: I play iPhone games a ton more than console games

02-09-2010, 03:07 PM
CONFESSION: I play iPhone games a ton more than console games

So maybe it doesn't need to be a confession - especially being here and all. But some of my friends on the IGN Boards might think I'm crazy.

Do iPhone games also dominate your gaming time?

Twitter: @bgribin
02-09-2010, 03:12 PM
yep! havent played console in 2 months.

02-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Yes. Every month theres at least 2-3 games that put another nail in the coffin of my DS. I dont like having multiple gaming devices and my iphone is offering me a much more deversified gaming experience then my DS does.

If we only had some of the big name RPG's I'd never look back.
02-09-2010, 03:23 PM
I haven't been this into a gaming platform since the SNES days. I love the variety of games, the prices, the many pick up and play games that you can have tons of fun with in 5-10 minute shots, spending way too much time on TA searching for new games (almost more fun that playing games is finding a new "gem", buying new ones almost everyday, being able to download them on the spot, the TA community, openfeint, plus+....etc ...what's not to love ?

I could go on and on........... .........But I won't

Last edited by cranker; 02-09-2010 at 03:33 PM.
02-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Consoles and the iPod have their pros and cons.

iPod Touch: Quirky titles at low prices. Devs talk with the consumers, and they're willing to take risks the big names won't. I can download hundreds of thousands of apps everywhere I go without cartridges or discs, and they're games in nearly every single category.

Consoles: Way better multiplayer system. I have all my friends on one list, and the service is always fast and great. Tactile controls are a plus. There's so way I'd play Bioshock with virtual buttons. Graphics are waaay better on a larger screen. Playing MW2 with friends is a blast. Games, for the most part, span over 5 hours.

Depends on my mood. There's no way I'd resort to just one method of play.
02-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Agreed.

I as well play on my iPod Touch 2G far more than I play on my other consoles. I do make use of my PS3 for Blu-ray/DvD play, Wii from time to time, and my X-Box 360 is my biggest paper-weight.

DS lite/Psp had pretty much Zero trade in value at Gamestop and they weren't happy to here I washed my hands of them for an iPod Touch. Oh well.

Game Center: Diligence
02-09-2010, 03:36 PM
I only have a Wii and a PSP. I play my iPhone a tiny bit more than the PSP, and hardly play my Wii.
02-09-2010, 03:39 PM
i have a wii, an iphone, a ds. i never play wii anymore (except when super mario galaxy 2 comes) and i never play my ds anymore (except when professor layton 3 arrives)
02-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Send a message via AIM to tzual
Ehh i would say i play both evenly. I have a Wii, PS2, DS and a PC. I barely play my Wii or PS2. I play my DS from time to time. Most of my gaming is on my PC since i have a pretty badass computer. The game i play the most would probably be Counter Strike Source. And for iPhone, i would just bring my iPod everywhere i go but i do use quite a bit.

Openfeint: Tzual12
GameCenter, Plus+, AGON, Crystal: Tzual

Feel free to add me
02-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Only have an Iphone, a PSP and a shitty eee pc. Im tired of the psp and the appstore keeps growing so i play most games on the Iphone.