★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Duckhunt Taken off the Store

01-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Duckhunt Taken off the Store

It looks like LawlMart Duckhunt port has been taken off the App Store. Some may not view this as a positive, but I think this is a real right step by Apple.

IGN asked this about the game, "Who is minding the store?" and I'm glad to see this question was finally addressed. Just, funny that it took getting into the top 15 apps before Apple took action.

As long as LawlMart could continue to make bank off of Nintendo's trademark, the integrity of developer's copyright remained in question for us. If someone as big as Nintendo couldn't even get this game off the store, what would stop someone from releasing iFieldRunners for 99 cents, with the same graphics, and a hacked together interface? But, looks like Apple is minding the store after-all, I'll be it a little late to catch up

www.VeiledGames.com
Outnumbered out NOW!
Follow us on Twitter @VeiledGames
01-29-2009, 09:58 PM
while I beleive that this is a good move, I thought Duck HUnt was a very good game

01-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Someone could make the best damn Super Mario world port, but that doesn't make iMario Mobile Pro any more right or legal

www.VeiledGames.com
Outnumbered out NOW!
Follow us on Twitter @VeiledGames
01-29-2009, 10:00 PM
A step in the right direction.

Glad I picked it up when it was first released. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-29-2009, 10:01 PM
I think you misunderstood me. I do not support these practices this at all. It's almost as bad as cracking apps
01-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
glad i picked it up B]

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
01-30-2009, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblues11 View Post
I think you misunderstood me. I do not support these practices this at all. It's almost as bad as cracking apps
Omg get a life.. Sorry for being harsh but its the dev's wrongdoing, not ours
01-30-2009, 01:00 AM
Send a message via AIM to Renare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaa93 View Post
Omg get a life.. Sorry for being harsh but its the dev's wrongdoing, not ours
Not sure why the hostility... Did you read what the post was about?

The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound. That is why some people may appear bright, until you hear them speak.
01-30-2009, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renare View Post
Not sure why the hostility... Did you read what the post was about?
Is it wrong to buy a game for the sake of nostalgia? We, the gamers who actually BUY apps, are not doing anything wrong, even if it buying a game off the app store that has been approved without sufficient permission. It's all the dev's blame, not ours. I really could care less where the money goes. WE didn't do anything wrong. So he has no reason, unless its a personal dilemma, to believe it is wrong to buy the game............................................ This does not mean I support devs who create these cheap knockoffs of real companies.

Last edited by Mahaa93; 01-30-2009 at 01:57 AM.
01-30-2009, 01:50 AM
I find it ironic that the "targetted" Google ad for this thread is for a website that specializes in Flash knock-offs of Nintendo games.

But yes, I've been hoping and praying that someone would pull the game. It may have been that Apple was just waiting for Nintendo to say something. After all, it's not actually Apple's responsibility to verify or enforce copyrights on games. If the company being violated (Nintendo in this case) doesn't say anything, Apple shouldn't have to pull it. So maybe Nintendo simply hadn't sent Apple a notice to pull the game. *shrug*

Nick Gravelyn
twitter.com/nickgravelyn - twitter.com/metacreature
Metacreature Games: Juggler - Juggler Free - Flip 3
Metacreature Apps: PhotoTalk