Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-10-2010, 05:50 AM

Default Neander Block - nice looking match 3

Old 02-10-2010, 07:48 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Will TOFTT later and post impressions.

edit: wow... freedog - you were faster than ImNoSuperman...

Last edited by Vovin; 02-10-2010 at 07:50 AM..
Old 02-10-2010, 09:01 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

this does look nice, awaiting impressions
Old 02-10-2010, 09:14 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

I would love to see some video. I am not a fan of match 3 games unless there is something special about it. The only match 3 that I really enjoyed alot was Azkend. That is one of my favorite games. There was something about it that made it so addictive that I have yet to find in another match 3 game.

Any impressions ?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:28 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Not a lot to the iTunes description but first impression is good.
One description says: "Bonus blocks with remarkable traits".........wish they'd expanded on that one a little.
Gotta check into this one.

Yea....video would be great!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:32 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), OS 3.x

Default Not really happy with........

Been playing for over an hour and can't get out of the middle of the second level.......have to match 40 of the same block in 3 1/2 minutes, and there are so few of them that drop and so many other types, that I can't reach 40.......also touching the blocks doesn't always register, so I try to swap them, and nothing moves, I keep trying and the game freezes..........I have restarted and still the problem persists.....
Old 02-10-2010, 11:20 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayv View Post
Been playing for over an hour and can't get out of the middle of the second level.......have to match 40 of the same block in 3 1/2 minutes, and there are so few of them that drop and so many other types, that I can't reach 40.......also touching the blocks doesn't always register, so I try to swap them, and nothing moves, I keep trying and the game freezes..........I have restarted and still the problem persists.....
uh oh! Hate to hear this.....think will wait for further impressions. Blocks not registering when touched is a serious purchase killer. Anyone else experiencing this?

Later Footnote:
I'd bought this a few days later and regretted it. One of the few I actually did. Theme presentation is at a minimal but the graphics "wow" effect makes some not notice. Gots the swipe issues as mentioned and felt repetitive just a few levels into it with no structured feel. Really tried to embrace this one (have alot of others of the like and am now playing them) but am shelving it way in the back and only an act of desperation will get me to play it. Some might like it and I'm biased because I'm playing the better ones now. But needed to share this in case your inquiring.
Anyway.....with this game, I'm in always of hopes of an update!

Even later: Ok-was a little hasty in my reception and play of the game earlier so have picked up again and now that I've gone further into the game I can see signs of progression with the icons inside the caves and my map/village now has a campfire, etc....nice. Just needed to give the game a chance.
Earlier it seemed like I was playing the same game over/over again w/o my score moving ahead and yea...I was winning each one (victory). Now its better and my score/level numbers are changing although the swiping issue is still there. Watch a PAIN, otherwise be'd a super game.

Last edited by Coldar; 02-17-2010 at 02:27 AM..
Old 02-10-2010, 10:27 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Anyone play this? Looks like there could be problems, but would like to hear if others have seen this? O/W will probably get it, and check it out.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

there's now a Lite to try:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/neander-block-free/id354648133?mt=8
Old 02-19-2010, 12:00 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I've come to embrace this game and been playin a lot although the swiping issue is still there. Nice game once I knew what was going on. Just started playing these types lately and find them very appealing. I know have 5 others closely related to this and play them all. I'm having a blast........just bought Azkend yesterday!

I was a little hasty earlier with this game and now that I've given it a chance its not a bad game at all, cept' for the issues mentioned.
Neander Block is nice enough game to pickup imo. Its a very beautifully made game as well. I really lilke the map/village screen. Try the lite and see.

Last edited by Coldar; 02-19-2010 at 12:05 AM..