★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***Only 24 hours left before this app is gone from the iTunes FOREVER.***
This is your last chance to get this game!!!

One of the most beloved books in the series of interactive RPG books by Steve Jackson & Ian Livingstone is finally available on iTunes.

Countless adventurers before you have taken up thee challenge of the Trial of Champions, but not one has survived. Devised by the devilish mind of Baron Sukumvit, the labyrinth is riddled with fiendish traps and hideous creatures of darkness to trick and test you almost beyond the limits of endurance!

Down in the twisting labyrinth of Fang, unknown horrors await you!

Part story, part game, this is an app with a difference one in which you become the hero! An iPhone or an iPod Touch are all you need to make you journey. YOU decide which route to take, which creatures to fight and which dangers to risk.

Features
Tap the on screen buttons to flip pages (No papercuts!)
Shake to roll the 3D dice using the accelerometer
Inventory items selectable via touch-screen
Game-save feature allows you to retrace your steps
Includes both original illustrations by Ian McCaig and digitally re-mastered versions
Integrated iPod music library access

Also available on iTunes:
- The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
- Citadel of Chaos
- Creature of Havoc
- City of Thieves
02-10-2010, 04:59 PM
crikey, these gamebooks are comming thick n fast now. cant keep up with em!

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014

02-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Absolute classic gamebook!

Play the game of the book that spawned the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Holy crap, now I have to buy another one! I didn't think they'd release it this quickly... I kinda liked the system in this book better, but I never got far into it.

Now let's just wait for the rest of them that I don't have the books of.

Well, this has gotten an underwhelming amount of attention...

Either way, impressions in a few. It already seems to be improved, and that's just from the stat rolling.

Last edited by Somerandomdude; 02-10-2010 at 05:57 PM.
02-10-2010, 05:58 PM
The first one was excellent, nice to see more of these coming out. Still hoping that "Sorcery!" books also make the list, that would be awesome!

Mission Europa 2 is coming!!!
http://ryanmitchellgames.wordpress.com
02-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Hell... after the Warlock now this. The book I loved most. So, what shall I do? I have to buy it...

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-10-2010, 06:05 PM
If someone owns all three (I know one is from a different company) can they recommend which one to start with.
02-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Warlock and Deathtrap are from Steve Jackson and Ian Livingston. Deathtrap Dungeon is dificult - to get an idea, it's maybe better to start with the Warlock. It was the first in the series.
Altough DD has the better story...

Assassin is from another company.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
If someone owns all three (I know one is from a different company) can they recommend which one to start with.
Alright, well I bought both FF books and tested Assassin, and they're all equally easy to start on. I recommend Deathtrap Dungeon over Firetop Mountain if you want to go with the Fighting Fantasy games. Assassin is REALLY awesome though. It's all about the story you want and what you can afford. Also thy have somewhat different combat systems, both with their ups and downs. I suggest getting Deathtrap Dungeon as it's a lower price, but lower quality, to see if you like these kinds of games, then get Assassin if you decide you do.

And I have encountered my first issue. When I went east and drank the liquid behind the bamboo, the next page didn't give me the option to select that I had taken the drink. I got the stamina recovery from it, but it might not be registering that I obtained the drink.
02-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Sweet! Man, that was fast!! Must download now!

Also, there was a FF tweet that announced the first book in the Sorcery! series coming to iPhone later this month. Check out the official FF website for further details. Should be AWESOME!