★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Help! Does deleting apps...

02-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Help! Does deleting apps...

If I delete games from my ipod touch, will all my saved games and high scores be gone when I put them back on? If so, how can I keep this data?

Gameloft ID: VoN_Athlos Plus+ ID: Twizzy420 Warfare Inc ID: Athlos
02-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlos View Post
If I delete games from my ipod touch, will all my saved games and high scores be gone when I put them back on? If so, how can I keep this data?
Yes, they'll be gone. And no, there's no way to keep the data.

02-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunning View Post
Yes, they'll be gone. And no, there's no way to keep the data.
Damn it! I'm trying to unclutter my ipod touch so I can concentrate on beating my best games first, I already have 70+ games purchased (or redeemed) within a month :S

IMPORTANT! one other thing!

Will I lose my in-app purchases? If so, can I re-download them for free?

Last edited by Athlos; 02-10-2010 at 05:31 PM.
02-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Damn it! I'm trying to unclutter my ipod touch so I can concentrate on beating my best games first, I already have 70+ games purchased (or redeemed) within a month :S

IMPORTANT! one other thing!

Will I lose my in-app purchases? If so, can I re-download them for free?
I believe that you can save game data if you jailbreak.

If all you want to do is unclutter your iPod Touch, why not create a one-page buffer between the games you're currently playing and the ones that you're holding "in reserver) or have already beaten? At 70 games you should have enough springboard real estate to pull that off.

EDIT: Yes, you will lose the in-app purchases. And yes, you can re-download them for free, just like any other app.
02-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I believe that you can save game data if you jailbreak.

If all you want to do is unclutter your iPod Touch, why not create a one-page buffer between the games you're currently playing and the ones that you're holding "in reserver) or have already beaten? At 70 games you should have enough springboard real estate to pull that off.
Hmmmm, perhaps, good idea! But as to my other question; Will deleting my apps result in the loss of my in-app purchases?

02-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Hmmmm, perhaps, good idea! But as to my other question; Will deleting my apps result in the loss of my in-app purchases?
Yes, your apps are what hold the in-app purchase data. But you can still re-download the app as well as the in-app content for free.

Playing! MC2: Black Pegasus, Super Mega Worm, Parachute Panic, Fruit Ninja, Sonic 4, Reckless Racing, Samurai II: Vengence
@parkerewan
02-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bok Choy View Post
Yes, your apps are what hold the in-app purchase data. But you can still re-download the app as well as the in-app content for free.
Oh, okay. Thank you everyone!

02-10-2010, 06:00 PM
If you're jailbroken you can download AppBackup and save your game saves, then if you choose to reinstall the game you can simply restore the game data. Its incredibly simple.
02-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek420 View Post
If you're jailbroken you can download AppBackup and save your game saves, then if you choose to reinstall the game you can simply restore the game data. Its incredibly simple.

Or maybe use categories or some other app to clear up the room. Unless memory is the problem I guess.
02-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David7 View Post
Or maybe use categories or some other app to clear up the room. Unless memory is the problem I guess.
Preferable CategoriesSB. Even though I use C:SB I still can't stand keeping too many apps on my Touch, I usually keep around 240-260. After I get more than that I start deleting lol.