★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Brief profile of characters in GTA: Chinatown Wars

02-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Brief profile of characters in GTA: Chinatown Wars

Brief character profiles, more profiles in this format are welcome from anyone who writes it. Yes I know more comprehensive information is in the GTA Wiki, but I'm sure reading a paragraph blurb beats reading the tons of text from the unorganized Wiki.

Name: 李煌
English Translation: Lee Huang
Profile: Heir of the Lee crime family, based in Kow-Loon 九龙, Hong Kong. He came into possession of the Yu Jian 玉剑 (lit. Jade Sword), which his uncle "Kenny" Lee Wu 李吴 has requested to uphold their family status in Liberty City. Upon arrival of Liberty City, Lee Huang was attacked by rival crime organizations and assumed dead. The sword was stolen in the attack as well. Upon regaining consciousness, Lee Huang finds himself controlled by the masterminds of three separate crime families that compete for ultimate control over Liberty City as he searches for his father's killer.

Name: 阿玲
English Translation: Ling
Profile: Weapons master and trainer employed by Lee Wu. She is aloof and possesses the skills and personalities of a cold killer.

Name: "肯尼“ 李吴
English Translation: Kenny Lee Wu
Profile: Conservative and ruthless leader of the Lee crime family in Liberty City, and uncle of Lee Huang. He is cold-blooded, yet extremely skilled in underground communications which resulted in his massive fortune. However his wealth is overshadowed by his endless greed for both money and power in Liberty City. He seems to detest Lee Huang but uses him for his intentions nonetheless.

Names: 焦明晨 & 焦明信
English Translations: Jaoming Chan & Jaoming Hsin
Profiles: Hsin has ruled over the Triad in Liberty City with an iron fist for over 20 years, and he is about to retire. He is looking for a proper heir to his organization and wealth, however his son, the apparent heir, seems incapable of such a job as he is unskilled, undetermined, addicted to drugs and lives like an unaccomplished prodigal.

Name: 周鸣
English Translation: Zhou Ming
Profile: An overconfident and overly prideful drug lord in Liberty City who wants to succeed Hsin as the new leader of the Triad. He is arrogant, cold-blooded and adept at flattering others in order to use them as puppets. He also displays hints of cannibalism and a lust for blood.

Name: 梅兰妮 玛拉德
English: Melanie Mallard
Profile: A skilled and determined journalist who risked the dangers of the Triad to investigate Jaoming Chan in order to unveil the dark secrets of the organization to the public. This has caused her to be trapped in many dangerous situations. Lee Huang plans to use her help in order to find his father's killer in exchange for giving her protection from various members of the Triad. Exclusive to PSP version of game.

Translated from [Link].

Last edited by Aurora; 02-11-2010 at 10:52 PM.
02-11-2010, 12:28 PM
wait, Aurora, i heard you had mixed feelings, do you like this game or no?

The Life Blog
Minecraft

02-11-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't even have this game. I'm just translating a certain web page for all of you GTACW-fans so you guys don't think I'm a GTACW-hater. Though I'm still pretty much an "other-GTA" hater.
02-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
I don't even have this game. I'm just translating a certain web page for all of you GTACW-fans so you guys don't think I'm a GTACW-hater. Though I'm still pretty much an "other-GTA" hater.
so, your trying to make us happy? well aw shucks, happy v day to you to! ahaha jk! But thank

The Life Blog
Minecraft
02-11-2010, 12:33 PM
No I'm just trying to decrease the amount of attacks on me in the future, particularly about these sensitive topics.
But yeah I found the characters to be interesting in this game, a good break from the usual street thugs in other GTA games.
02-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
No I'm just trying to decrease the amount of attacks on me in the future, particularly about these sensitive topics.
But yeah I found the characters to be interesting in this game, a good break from the usual street thugs in other GTA games.
ahaha i understand whacha mean. Some people here are just naturally grouchy. And yes, the yell...I MEAN FELLAS! do make the game more intereesting

The Life Blog
Minecraft
02-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
You might be surprised if you actually played them. I had that impression myself from GTA2 and 3,but then I played San Andreas and was incredibly surprised to find a lot of really interesting and varied characters. I later tried Vice City and found some good stuff, though the characters weren't nearly as fleshed out. I still haven't played GTA4, so I can't comment there, but based on my experience with San Andreas as well as Bully, I'd put Rockstar towards the top of my list of companies who can consistently write great characters, especially in unexpected situations.
02-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Because the characters are Chinese?

/sarcasm
02-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Send a message via AIM to kilo360
Wait?I've already beat the game and I've never come across a blonde woman with a camera in any mission. Can someone clear this up a little I'm confuzzled ?!?
02-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo360 View Post
Wait?I've already beat the game and I've never come across a blonde woman with a camera in any mission. Can someone clear this up a little I'm confuzzled ?!?
shes in the psp edition

genres are not to be seen as forms of textual codifications, but as systems of orientations, expectations and conventions that circulate between industry, text and subject.