Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-11-2010, 07:50 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyd2k9 View Post
You rpg fans always have something to moan about, never satisfied :
Far from an RPG fan, actually. This is the only one I've purchased for the iPhone, and I haven't played one in years (aside from, like, Twilight Princess or something).
Old 02-11-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
And? Usually when you throw Ceska it is to get to a place that they as a team can't get to. (treasure chest on elevated ground) So, if you throw Ceska, of course you will control her because the thought would be you were trying to get her to take care of a task for the team. If it stayed in team mode, that would limit Ceska being able to go anywhere, since she would be in a place that they both can't go.
ARGH but that isn't the problem you people it's the fact the button does 2 different things when it could easily be SPLIT to two different buttons that work without much interfering. When I change to TEAM OR SOLO I might accidently pick up Ceska because the buttons the same and if you are near her and press the button then it works like it does if you are picking her up AND changing teams.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:03 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkamerka View Post
ARGH but that isn't the problem you people it's the fact the button does 2 different things when it could easily be SPLIT to two different buttons that work without much interfering. When I change to TEAM OR SOLO I might accidently pick up Ceska because the buttons the same and if you are near her and press the button then it works like it does if you are picking her up AND changing teams.
They've already said one action is hold and one is tap. Wouldn't you rather they just made that work slightly better instead? One button is far more intuitive than having to fiddle around trying to find the second one.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
They've already said one action is hold and one is tap. Wouldn't you rather they just made that work slightly better instead? One button is far more intuitive than having to fiddle around trying to find the second one.

Then make it more intuitive, like have the button when you DO change teams near Ceska you DON'T pick her up while holding, instead you ONLY change to team/solo, and if you want to pick her up you actually just tap it.

I'm not actually asking for it specifically just asking for it to be fixed.

And also the monsters with projectiles really put a switch on the combat. When you travel back in time for the first ACTUAL time you fight them and they just kick my ass. Any suggestions?
Old 02-11-2010, 08:22 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

I don't understand what the problem is, I played for 2 hours and never had a problem to go team/solo or pick Ceska up. If you hold the button he won't pick her up if you tap her it will. More button would just mean more screen space so I'm glad they stuck with one button..

I love this game so far, just got to the elder so not very far in it but the memo is a good idea and helps alot, and the sprites sure is it cheap to have few sprite animations but as an old school player I just find it compelling, nothing beats the feel when an NPC stands in one spot whilst moving their feets

Bumping into monster to attack was good in Y's and is even better here, I love how you chosed that because it is so much easier to grind stuffs.

Some complaints though:

I would like a better d-pad, it's nothing which bothers me alot with but it would be nicer to have a responsive dpad even if it close to center now you have to touch the edge of the d-pad to move the direction.

I just have the first spell with Ceska yet but it would be so much better if you could hold the button for her to shoot (make in an option or something) I don't know about later spells but the first spell(sorry can't remember the name, was it air magic?) should definetely have rapid fire if you hold the button since sometime it takes 7-8 hits to kill an enemy.

All in all a bit cheesy story but I like it so far, the time traveling will probably be interesting in the later part of the story, some nice puzzles so far.
Great game and I'm enjoying it, too bad (or good since I should go to sleep) the iphone battery died so I had to stop playing it

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2010, 08:30 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Woke up to find this out.
Today will be a good day.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasE View Post
I don't understand what the problem is, I played for 2 hours and never had a problem to go team/solo or pick Ceska up. If you hold the button he won't pick her up if you tap her it will. More button would just mean more screen space so I'm glad they stuck with one button..

I love this game so far, just got to the elder so not very far in it but the memo is a good idea and helps alot, and the sprites sure is it cheap to have few sprite animations but as an old school player I just find it compelling, nothing beats the feel when an NPC stands in one spot whilst moving their feets

Bumping into monster to attack was good in Y's and is even better here, I love how you chosed that because it is so much easier to grind stuffs.

Some complaints though:

I would like a better d-pad, it's nothing which bothers me alot with but it would be nicer to have a responsive dpad even if it close to center now you have to touch the edge of the d-pad to move the direction.

I just have the first spell with Ceska yet but it would be so much better if you could hold the button for her to shoot (make in an option or something) I don't know about later spells but the first spell(sorry can't remember the name, was it air magic?) should definetely have rapid fire if you hold the button since sometime it takes 7-8 hits to kill an enemy.

All in all a bit cheesy story but I like it so far, the time traveling will probably be interesting in the later part of the story, some nice puzzles so far.
Great game and I'm enjoying it, too bad (or good since I should go to sleep) the iphone battery died so I had to stop playing it

Thanks!
This person has it pretty straight. But they do still need to fix the button.

The sprite work isn't lazy for the npcs, Infact I expect the npcs to be like that, but the MAIN CHARACTERS should have more sprites for more battle animations, spell animations, and moving animations. Standing around isn't any different than moving, and hitting, and spell casting, and even dying. I know of really NO retro games that didn't have these different sprites, even old rpg ones weren't that lazy.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:49 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkamerka View Post
The sprite work isn't lazy for the npcs, Infact I expect the npcs to be like that, but the MAIN CHARACTERS should have more sprites for more battle animations, spell animations, and moving animations. Standing around isn't any different than moving, and hitting, and spell casting, and even dying. I know of really NO retro games that didn't have these different sprites, even old rpg ones weren't that lazy.
I think the real issue here, is the game is simply in the wrong price bracket at the moment. Issues such as the ones above, would be a lot more forgivable if this was priced in the $1.99 - $3.99 bracket where it belongs.

They aren't going to change the sprite animations so there's little point in asking them to. They will, almost certainly, drop the price. Sooner rather than later would be my guess.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:01 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

So I'm looking for the clock in the sea... I seem to be very stuck now.. I feel like there should be a "time square" around here but I'm completely lost lol any tips would be nice
Old 02-11-2010, 09:13 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Bought It! Cant wait to play it