★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Definitive list of reliable beta testers...

02-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Definitive list of reliable beta testers...

Hey, I thought it would be a useful thread if any dev who has had a beta test listed the forum names of people that were reliable testers -- as in, they offered a lot of genuine feedback and didn't seem like they were just out to get a free game. Would be a good resource to make sure you've got at least a few of these guys in your beta. Not to mention we are looking to start our beta, and I want to make sure we've got some quality participants.

NOTE: This is only meant to be a reference list, something that maybe devs can use to fill up a few extra beta slots and be sure they're getting someone productive, NOT as the "god list" that everyone should use to get beta testers for their games.

Last edited by Foursaken_Media; 02-11-2010 at 05:10 PM.
02-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I'd agree this would be a great idea. Not only should you post the person's forum name, but the name of the game that you let them test (and maybe a few words about why and how they were most helpful and reliable). I'm going to need some help too this spring and want to make sure I find the best people.

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!

02-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi,

I can see this being a good idea but only if you do not exclude those who may want to start being a beta tester.

Everyone needs a start somewhere.

David
02-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Oh of course. I plan on using this list to include at least a few of these guys in my test just to make sure, and then rounding out the rest of the slots with other "randoms". Otherwise if everyone used this list all the time, you'd have the same testers for every game!
02-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Hi,

That is good to see.

Good luck on the game.

David
02-11-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm not a developer but I recommended a few forum members in this topic:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...7&postcount=15

If you're only looking for dev input then it might not help but I think most people around here would regard them as great beta testers.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
02-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks, very helpful. Just out of curiosity, why do you think these guys are good? Did you test with them?
02-11-2010, 04:43 PM
I think this is a horrible idea. If a list is made those same testers will be picked over, and over, and over. Also what about new testers? I started about a month ago but now that Im into it, I'm currently testing 3 games. Imagine if there had been no thread to start testing and they would've just picked the testers on the list. Would I be helping out devs?

Beta: project 72, surf prodigy, ionage, cat trap, Heavy gunner

App Blog!
http://iptapp.wordpress.com/
02-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Thanks, very helpful. Just out of curiosity, why do you think these guys are good? Did you test with them?
I've tested with some of them, but mostly I've just seen them talking to developers and providing great feedback in the release topics. I know they're all active testers and some of them have an impressive library behind them. Plus I know they're all capable of forming coherent sentences, which can be helpful I generally regard them as mature and reliable members of the forum

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
02-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Motitas, the idea of this is to just be a resource for developers to use at their discretion, not to be an all inclusive list of the only people who should beta test.

I for one do not plan on picking everyone that is supposedly a good beta tester or listed here. HOWEVER, I do want to make sure that I have ONE to THREE reputable, reliable beta testers in addition to many first timers.