★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Should apps charge money for more content?

02-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Should apps charge money for more content?

I don't like paying for updates or things like that. Most apps don't charge money. An app that's really annoying is cod zombies. The new map came out to day and it cost 5$. I think it's stupid charging that much. But there's other games as well that charge money. We shouldn't have to pay for more content if we already payed for that game. What do you people think?

Something something something darkside. Something something something complete.
02-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAINK555 View Post
I don't like paying for updates or things like that. Most apps don't charge money. An app that's really annoying is cod zombies. The new map came out to day and it cost 5$. I think it's stupid charging that much. But there's other games as well that charge money. We shouldn't have to pay for more content if we already payed for that game. What do you people think?
I think you have no idea how much money it takes to produce a top-notch game.

Twitter: @back2this

02-11-2010, 05:35 PM
I don't think that game is worth it in the first place, but some people think it is since it carries the Call of Duty title. The game costs $15, and to break it down, you're paying around $10-12 for the title, and around $3-5 for the actual game. To each their own I guess.
On the other hand, other games which have reasonable prices have DLC that unlock new features (not updates), which is reasonable in my opinion.
02-11-2010, 05:36 PM
In my opinion, it's all up to the consumer...you bought Cod:zombies for the one map right? Did you expect a new free map? It's all abt choices people make...if you didn't think the one map is worth $10 then why did you buy it?
02-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorF35 View Post
In my opinion, it's all up to the consumer...you bought Cod:zombies for the one map right? Did you expect a new free map? It's all abt choices people make...if you didn't think the one map is worth $10 then why did you buy it?
I didn't pay for it I got it free from my bros itouch. I know that tour gonna say something like why am I complaining. I'm saying that people who support an expensive app shoudlnt pay for more content. Ps. treyarch was on CRACK when they made Nazi zombies.

Something something something darkside. Something something something complete.
02-11-2010, 05:49 PM
I think $15 for CoD is a great price for hours of fun and replayability, period. Honestly, I think the appstore spoils people with it's low prices.

Gameloft ID: VoN_Athlos Plus+ ID: Twizzy420 Warfare Inc ID: Athlos
02-11-2010, 06:02 PM
I was about to write a longer post with a sarcastic tone, hoping to explain how development as a business actually requires lots of money every month to pay the wages, but I gave up.

This reminds me of a piece of advice I once received from a concerned individual: "You should make your game free, or you lose customers."

It's just painfully obvious at times that those who vocally criticize an already ridiculously cheap market for not providing additional service for free are unlikely to have yet had to work for a living.
02-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frand View Post
I was about to write a longer post with a sarcastic tone, hoping to explain how development as a business actually requires lots of money every month to pay the wages, but I gave up.

This reminds me of a piece of advice I once received from a concerned individual: "You should make your game free, or you lose customers."

It's just painfully obvious at times that those who vocally criticize an already ridiculously cheap market for not providing additional service for free are unlikely to have yet had to work for a living.
Exactly! Some people just don't understand...

Gameloft ID: VoN_Athlos Plus+ ID: Twizzy420 Warfare Inc ID: Athlos
02-11-2010, 06:08 PM
As long as you can redownload the extra content I don't really care.

A good percentage of it usually is either extra characters or content you can go without.
02-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frand View Post
+1
I get that feeling every time I read people yammering on about how everything is far too expensive...