★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Game using ripped art

02-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Game using ripped art

A friend pointed me to the following link today:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heli-attack/id354125823?mt=8#100

The guys at riseuplabs have ripped our flash game HeliAttack [released in 2005 on miniclip.com and other selected sites] and used the art & gameplay and even had the nerve to keep the name HeliAttack.

I contacted apple's devprograms and asked them to remove the application.

Is there anything else I can do to get this app removed as fast as possible?

02-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Looks like customers aren't happy with the controls either. Bad reviews. And they were fans of the online version tricked into buying this.

Sorry about that.....hate when that happens. At least it hasn't been out that long. Only 3 days.

02-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Send a message via MSN to MindJuice Send a message via Skype™ to MindJuice
Wow...that is pretty blatant.

Nice art though!
02-11-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't know how they thought they could get away with that. Apple are usually pretty quick at responding to copyright claims so I wouldn't worry too much.

This is the "developers" email if you want to straighten them out: info@riseuplabs.com

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
02-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks... I hope it get's sorted quickly... It's just sad that those guys made a proper release of the game nearly impossible by wrecking the name for the iphone users.

I emailed them and posted on their facebook and youtube pages as well as requested the removal on those sites as well...

I am surprised by this incredibly blatant and stupid attempt though...

02-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Sprite Attack, will you create your port to the iPhone? It seems like you could do better then this imposter
02-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
I hope this gets sorted out soon, it's a real shame when a dev stoops so low as to do something like this.

Speaking of which, you said you released your game on Miniclip, right? Does this look familiar? http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ht=crazy+cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
02-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpriteAttack View Post
A friend pointed me to the following link today:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heli-attack/id354125823?mt=8#100

The guys at riseuplabs have ripped our flash game HeliAttack [released in 2005 on miniclip.com and other selected sites] and used the art & gameplay and even had the nerve to keep the name HeliAttack.

I contacted apple's devprograms and asked them to remove the application.

Is there anything else I can do to get this app removed as fast as possible?
your art looks a lot like a guy I used to know on a site called pixelation.

sorry someone ripped your stuff.

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
02-12-2010, 09:28 AM
dogmeat... I used to be pretty active on pixelation years back... had some falling out over my approach to pixel art and the need to produce game art versus the purist pixel art... long time ago...

02-12-2010, 10:01 AM
I think in a case like this is Apple should take down the App (which they will do) and any money that was earned from it should go to the original developer.

It's a shame the damage has been done already...