★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Geometrix: Flatland Unbound... WHAAAA???

01-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Geometrix: Flatland Unbound... WHAAAA???

Chillingo has released a new game called Geometrix that's based on the old story about a 2-dimensional square meeting a 3-dimensional sphere. (The story is by Edwin A. Abbott, and is really good if you're a big nerd like me!)

Apparently you have to navigate two orientations of a screen at the same time, while avoiding evil characters. I think. I couldn't really make sense of the game play from the listing, and there's no info yet on the website (at least, that I could find).

So is anyone willing/nerdy enough to try this while it's on an introductory sale for $0.99??

Oy! What are you playing at!

Current favs: The Incident, Chopper 2, Doodle God, Carcassonne
Classics: iFighter, Canabalt, Meteor Blitz, Zombieville USA, Minigore
01-30-2009, 06:05 PM
You play the squares, and have to dodge the triangles, triangles are travelling up/down on one side, and left/right on the other, it's a bit boring.
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM

We're the developers of Geometrix for the iPhone. While we're primarily DS and Wii developers, we take great pride in all of the titles we do for iPhone as well.

Far from boring, as one poster commented, Geometrix is a game of intense concentration, reaction and avoidance, and as such requires quite a bit of effort, both mental and physical, to master.

Here are several video links to enjoy as well. They give a basic overview of gameplay, but don't come close to showing the intensity of playing the actual game.

Geometrix Menu Tour

Geometrix Trailer

Geometrix Gameplay Video 1

Geometrix Gameplay Video 2

Glyphic Entertainment, LLC
"We Create"
02-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Looks interesting, but stressful to play.

Am curious though, even though it wasn't meant to be, this could be a good game to play co-op with someone else, no?

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc