★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: NAMCO games

10-04-2008, 06:00 PM
NAMCO games

who thinks they should be cheaper??
10-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Everyone...

10-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Everything should be FREE! F*CK CAPITALISM! SIEG HEIL!

Last edited by dudehuge; 10-05-2008 at 01:34 AM.
10-04-2008, 11:29 PM
If their gonna charge $10 they add more features. But what are you gonna do, its Business.

Top Secret Eyes Only
10-05-2008, 12:43 AM
I don't understand why they don't lower the price of their apps. If NAMCO had been paying any attention to the appstore, they would have realized that cheaper games like dizzy bee sell tons of copies. If they lowered pac-man, for instance, to somewhere in that range, they'd be making loads of money. My guess it that they spent a couple days making lackluster ports for the iphone and then just stopped paying attention.
10-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Some people judge a game by its price, and from what I've seen, most crap apps are around 99c, so its either a statement to sell it above 5$, or they truly think its worth that price.

-Stuart Bradley Newsom
Founder/Writer

Vigilant Entertainment Company:
::iPhone Games, Console Games, PC Games, Film::
http://www.vigilantec.com/
10-05-2008, 07:34 AM
NAMCO definitely needs to reduce the pricing of its games. I spent a whole bunch of cash on Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, and Pole Position! I bought them when they first came out because I thought that they wold be fun games to play! Frogger is not bad, but Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man are not too much fun to play without a joystick! I played each game once or twice, so it was a waste of money! I won't buy Star Trigon until they sell it for $2.99! They should give it to me for free after I bought the other titles! They need to add some additional features or enhanced versions for the iPhone (and include the classic versions as well) if they want to sell these apps for $10 apiece!

I think that, for quite a few apps, the developers should be paying the users to beta test their apps and to provide them with suggestions! Some apps are buggy, but they are getting better! I hope that apps like Bugdom become better as well. It is a fun app, but it crashes too often, and, the fact that I can't save at any point is annoying! I'm enjoying Diner Dash, though!! I look forward to Lemonade Tycoon as well! I hope that they add more features and make it a bit more advanced for the iPhone!! These types of games are fun and you can quit at any time and pick up where you left off.

Last edited by vandy1997; 10-05-2008 at 07:52 AM.
10-05-2008, 07:52 AM
anybody know an email address i can contact them LOL
10-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirisaacx View Post
I don't understand why they don't lower the price of their apps. If NAMCO had been paying any attention to the appstore, they would have realized that cheaper games like dizzy bee sell tons of copies. If they lowered pac-man, for instance, to somewhere in that range, they'd be making loads of money. My guess it that they spent a couple days making lackluster ports for the iphone and then just stopped paying attention.
how do you know how many apps Namco has sold, and how much they are making? maybe they are happy with all the revenue coming in

edit: but i do concur, i wouldn't pay 10 bucks for pacman
10-05-2008, 03:57 PM
I plan on buying Ms Pac Man and Pole Position when they lower the price

I might buy Pole Position now, but Ms Pac Man is apparently not all that good