★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: We encourage everyone to take the "Caveman Test". How often do you actually get to knock heads with a real caveman?
Don't be fooled by the simple appearance of "Sticks and Stones" this is one tough game! Enjoy the crackling fire in the dark cave. "Ufkah is waiting to defeat you!"

The moment fire was invented the entertainment industry in caves all around the world exploded! The ability to see inside caves at all times enabled cave dwellers to play games at night and during inclement weather!
Due too limited creativity and resources, only one game conquered the imagination of our ancestors. The game was called Umbala uh Urala or translated into English Sticks and Stones.

The cave dwellers took this game very serious and even travelled large distances to participate in tournaments. One player remains undefeated and was celebrated as a hero until this day. Ufkah the champ will be the player you are up against in the Caveman Test.

Enter the cave and pickup your sticks and stones and try to beat Ufka at his own game! Unfortunately their is no where to hide. The only tools you have, are a brain a handful of sticks and stones. Beat Ufkah and your name will be carved in stone and visible to the rest of the tribe. If you lose be prepared to be ridiculed by the savages!

Oh one last tip Ufkah hates to lose!
02-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks for posting this 'Imnosuperman". Caveman Test was designed to be fun. The internal game is "Sticks and Stones" it is an incredibly strong standalone game. I am really proud of coming up with the concept. The make up or get up of Caveman Test was a lot of fun to develop." Ufkah" our main character (a simple cave dweller) is a very odd creature. I guess that is what you would expect if you meet up with a caveman.

This will be your go to game if you only have a few minutes to play a quick match. Caveman test is a lot of fun. Try to beat Ufkah at his own game.

02-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated Puzzles View Post
Thanks for posting this 'Imnosuperman". Caveman Test was designed to be fun. The internal game is "Sticks and Stones" it is an incredibly strong standalone game. I am really proud of coming up with the concept. The make up or get up of Caveman Test was a lot of fun to develop." Ufkah" our main character (a simple cave dweller) is a very odd creature. I guess that is what you would expect if you meet up with a caveman.

This will be your go to game if you only have a few minutes to play a quick match. Caveman test is a lot of fun. Try to beat Ufkah at his own game.
is this like the box out type of game or what is the goal i might be dumber' than a caveman but i dont quite understand what is the goal of the puzzle if its like the game were you draw one line and take turns till you make boxes and get points for said boxes than im in. and if it is does it have multiplayer on same device?

total money spent in app store sence 8-15-08
last music download: EL CREEPO!Todd Smith is putting out some amazing stuff
GAMECENTER = eyemh8 add me
02-12-2010, 12:04 PM
You place a stone (white) the caveman places a stone ( black) then you place your second stone( white) if you placed two white stones next to each other a white stick appears. You battle it out with the caveman to get three white sticks surrounding a single box if the box is surrounded with all four sticks and white "owns" three of them then automatically a larger white stone is placed in the middle. The first player to earn five big stones of his colour wins the game. That is a very simple rendition of game play. It is more complex but after playing your first game you don't need to read the rules. The game prompts you to make your move. This is a very deep game!
02-12-2010, 02:22 PM
I bought this but I'm afraid I'm not as impressed by this than I was by the other Syndicated Puzzle games. Reason is that if you both play optimally then you end up in an endless loop with your move and the computers move cancellng each others move out. Result is a stalemate unless you give in and make an alternate move which is most likely weaker.

I have some pics of this situation if anyones interested.

Jamie
02-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Badmanj, you are playing a conflict game! Avoid the conflict and you will see the magic.

Ufkah is relentless in his battle to win the centre fields that is his biggest flaw. That is where he can be beaten. If you follow his play patterns you will most likely lose every time. If you are inventive and use the outside edges to your advantage you have a much better chance of beating him. You need to play another 10 games to understand how to avoid this conflict. You are doing well in Caveman test when you don't engage in the battle over the same spots. It is a lot more important to keep your stones on the playing field and kicking Ufkah's off the board, than it is fighting over the same spots.

Try this strategy and you will understand the game a lot more. I never fight with him over a spot anymore (used to)instead I concentrate on pushing two rocks of my colour together to maximize my stick count. "Sticks and Stones" is better if you stay out of conflict. Try it you will understand the difference quickly.

Last edited by Syndicated Puzzles; 02-14-2010 at 01:10 PM.
02-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Jamie,

The AI was built on conflict it has a hard time dealing with a player spreading himself out and only fighting back for space at opportune moments. Sticks and Stones is extremely deep and beating "Ufkah" is next to impossible if you play a game based on conflict. The AI will win every time. Way to many calculation needed to compete. Play like a kid of 8 years of age and you will win more games!
02-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Here are 4 promo codes (tucked away)

KXE364EYXXFA
EMWWXJ79AJ3N
TX6RTEXEHJEX
6WP34HL3674T

Enjoy
02-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Used EMWWXJ79AJ3N

Thanks!

I'm impressed there were any left! (first one is used, not sure about the last two)

Will post impressions in a bit - too bad I know the 'trick' already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Well, technically, I know the "trick" too, but I still haven't been able to win. I am obviously not playing like an 8 year old, even when I try to do so!