★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** ON SALE UNTIL THE FREE VERSION IS RELEASED! ***

Paddle your tube down a bunch of wild rivers in the latest game by the creators of Bobble Surfer!

By making a paddling motion with your fingers on screen, you'll have to drift, bounce and spin your way through a variety of levels ranging from rocky canyons to the gondola filled canals of Venice. With three different game modes to master and a global ranking system to pit you against your friends, you'll have plenty of reasons to keep hitting the rivers.

The controls are simple - your fingers touching the screen represent the tips of your paddles in the water. Drag your fingers up or down to move the paddles and propel your tube. If you'd rather learn by example, have a quick run through the in-game tutorial!

We'll be releasing new levels regularly for you to unlock, but feel free to let us know what your favourite bits are so that we know what people like!

Features:
* Six rivers to unlock and explore, each with its own soundtrack!
* Realistic water flow simulation
* Three game modes: Time Trial, Survival and Treasure Hunt
* Global rank system to measure up against your friends
* PlayHaven integration
* Customise the look of your tube
* Interactive tutorial

goiMot's comments:

02-12-2010, 11:06 AM
This game looks very funy, but there is not lite version... for 2 dollars...

02-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Hilarious

I could see myself buying this game based purely on the name.
02-12-2010, 11:59 AM
So this explains what Wade and Ashart have been doing Im buying this to help two cool surfing developers over in Australia, but wait...the game looks really fun too.

Good luck Lemur Software.

Richard

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
02-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
So this explains what Wade and Ashart have been doing Im buying this to help two cool surfing developers over in Australia, but wait...the game looks really fun too.

Good luck Lemur Software.

Richard
Cool. I will wait to hear what you think about it.
02-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Might be a few hours BT, I'm still at work

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
02-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Me too

Also, Since there is no mention of OF or name brand leaderboards I would like to know if they are nice and show your rank at all times....etc

Can we all just use OF ? ...................lol
02-12-2010, 01:52 PM
So has anyone picked this up yet? Looks like a clone of "Toobin" A game released by Atari in the arcades in the late 80s, was pretty cool back in the day!
02-12-2010, 02:03 PM
nice, love it!
02-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey guys,

Glad a few of you like it!

I looked at OF, and although it's great, there is one major reason we need our own server: downloadable rivers. Providing we get the okay from Apple, the plan is to make our river editor (Windows only to begin) available for download on the Lemur site. You'll then be able to submit your rivers to the server and play them straight away on your device! We've got a few kinks to iron out, but if the idea is popular enough we'll be glad to push on and get them sorted.

My apologies also to guys like Fletch that we mentioned beta-testing to - it's been difficult keeping up with the workload and it was easier to just use the testers we had at hand like friends and family!

I've never actually played that 'Toobin' game; I'll have to try and check it out. The idea for 'Dude In A Tube' came from the work I did on paddling for 'Bobble Surfer'. It felt to me like the motion was perfect for the iDevices, and it has been my philosophy so far to stick to game ideas that really take advantage of the hardware. We're a tiny team working in our spare time, so we really have to stick to (hopefully) unique ideas to stand out!

We'll release a light version some time in the next few weeks I think, but we're concentrating on the first update for now. There are a couple of new rivers on their way, and possibly a new game mode if the testers enjoy it. We're also very confident that the game meets any expectations people have from the description and screenshots - I'd be really surprised if anyone that was tempted to try it was disappointed. Our first few reviews seem to be very positive which is a great sign too.

Anyway, thanks for the support guys, and fire away with any suggestions or questions. Anyone that watched the 'Bobble Surfer feedback' thread will know how seriously we take your feedback.