★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Listen with Your Finger!

Explore your music library in an all new way with this unique song-based game! The number of levels are limited only by the music you already own - no special music tracks to buy!

Listen - Draw - Run!

If you can draw a shape, you already know how to play! Using a single finger, guide Groov-EE the dancing boom-box through the songs in your music library. Trace obstacles to turn them into musical energy that keeps Groov-EE dancing!

Use Recharge to earn more batteries, discover other ways to earn batteries, or Upgrade to a Fusion Pack to remove ads and never need batteries again!

Share Your Mojo With The World

Every song creates a fun level with its own worldwide scoreboard. Because each song is its own unique level, you can compete with anyone in the world, anytime, anywhere. Prove yourself the best on the planet by climbing to the top of our featured Open Feint global leader boards. Use your favorite track or try your hand playing the most popular songs on Tune Runners Hot Tunes chart for an extra challenge!

Special Angels & Airwaves Bonus Track!

Tune Runner includes a special re-mix of the new Angels & Airwaves single Hallucinations from the brand new Angels & Airwaves album, Love.

Experience Tune Runner for FREE today!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

02-12-2010, 03:22 PM
So I was playing around with this and the gameplay seems to have little relation to the music... I'm not really sure what I'm doing either. It said something about drawing shapes multiple times, is that without lifting your finger.

02-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSporkWithin View Post
So I was playing around with this and the gameplay seems to have little relation to the music... I'm not really sure what I'm doing either. It said something about drawing shapes multiple times, is that without lifting your finger.
To activate multi-draw (and drive toward the fifteen consecutive scores you need to enter bonus mode), each shape has to be distinct. So, yes, you'll need to lift your finger for each individual shape to register.

Try it with headphones ...

Paul O'Connor
Appy Entertainment
dev blog: http://www.appygamesblog.com/
twitter: @Appy
02-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Is this really truly free? Or is there a catch?
02-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Oh my god that video is so corny i laughed so hard when i was watching it.

Ferrari GTPocket GodMobile GunsNFS:UndercoverSky BurgerF&F4Asphalt 4RacerReal RacingMinigoreDrag Racer v4: Perfect RunUnreal TrailBoost 3DJetCarStuntsRally Master ProF.A.S.TLabyrinth 2ATV OffroadNFS:ShiftCanabaltF&F:Pink Slips
Waiting For:CogsHardGoreGuerilla BobK-Rally
02-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko6 View Post
It's free, but you can only play one song per "charge." You start with 10 charges and can get more by playing a shape drawing minigame similar to the main game but without music. It takes about a minute to gain one charge in this method, and there are admob ads at the bottom of the screen while doing it. Alternatively you can pay for additional charges in packs, or pay 2.99 for unlimited charges.
02-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
$.99 for a 40 Battery pack.
it has ads!!
02-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Yes, the game is free.

The catches are:
  • There are ads.
  • You have a limited number of "batteries" and each time you play a game you expend one battery.

However:
  • You may recharge batteries without limit using the in-app mini-game.
  • You get refunded your battery if you die right at the start of a song (within the first 30 seconds of play).
  • You can earn new batteries by viewing select ads and sending challenge emails to friends.
  • You can purchase battery packs through the game if you don't want to play the mini-game.
  • You can upgrade to a "Fusion Pack" and never need batteries again (and also disable the ads).

We balanced the game so you should be able to play for a good, long time without needing new batteries, and if you recharge manually, you can play the game free, forever.

If you play long enough that you find yourself recharging a lot, and it starts to bother you ... well, that's probably a pretty good indication you might want to throw us a buck or two for our labors

Paul O'Connor
Appy Entertainment
02-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dommur View Post
Oh my god that video is so corny i laughed so hard when i was watching it.
Yeah, the video is so sunny you need sunscreen to watch it. That, or poke a hole in a shoebox and view the reflection.

It's quite a departure for us.

Paul O'Connor
Appy Entertainment
02-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks. I might as well give it a go for free, but the video did not sell me on the gameplay, so I will probably only play the ten songs and that's it.