★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pachinko

01-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Pachinko

This app is why I love my iPod; a simple game that is fun to play. Highly recommended.

Pachinko
01-30-2009, 09:32 PM
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=2266

Is this the game you're talking about?

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss

01-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=2266

Is this the game you're talking about?
Different application, same type of game though.

I would choose Sho Chiku Bai, over this game.

Not only because of the screen shots, but that the original poster is acting like this game is one of their favorites. Hinting that they've loved it for a long time; the only problem with that is that it was just released today. This says nothing but hidden agenda to me.

I'd guess they are probably the developer or friend of the developer... which is pretty lame. I mean, if you are then at least say you are and be honest about the reason why you are promoting the game, instead of saying "I highly recommend this game".

Without a hidden agenda, how do you know you can recommend a game that was just released?

On top of that, not even a brief review of the game you "highly recommend" or even a reason why you like it over the competition? Cmon now.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

Last edited by Donburns99; 01-30-2009 at 10:01 PM.
01-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
Ooo, alright. Just wasn't sure if we had 2 threads with the same game. My mistake!

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
01-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Quote:

Not only because of the screen shots, but that the original poster is acting like this game is one of their favorites. Hinting that they've loved it for a long time; the only problem with that is that it was just released today. This says nothing but hidden agenda to me.
I'm definitely going to try this. Oddly enough, this is the style of pachinko machine that I played as a kid that I referenced in the Sho Chiku bai thread this morning. The problem with that one (I tried the lite version) is that it lacks the visceral aspect that the older machines had where you pressed down the lever to varying degree to fire each individual ball, not to mention a greater degree of skill.

For a buck, I'll bite and let you know how it is.

Alright, just played this VERY briefly. This is much, much more like pachinko as I remember it. I wouldn't say the sounds are perfect, but they are darned good. I also think the launcher is a bit sensitive at the low end, but it does control rather well, and does a decent job of approximating the real thing. I see myself spending a lot of time with this. It's a very simple game, really--think of it as a time waster. I think if an old-style pachinko machine is something you've been hungering for on your iphone (and believe it or not, I actually have) this looks to be pretty good for a dollar.

Last edited by Misguided; 01-30-2009 at 10:03 PM.
01-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
I'm definitely going to try this. Oddly enough, this is the style of pachinko machine that I played as a kid that I referenced in the Sho Chiku bai thread this morning. The problem with that one (I tried the lite version) is that it lacks the visceral aspect that the older machines had where you pressed down the lever to varying degree to fire each individual ball.

For a buck, I'll bite and let you know how it is.
Interesting, I never played them as a kid. Having one where you press down the lever for each ball would be interesting. I await to see your thoughts on it. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donburns99 View Post
different application, same type of game though.

I would choose sho chiku bai, over this game.

i'd guess they are probably the developer or friend of the developer... Which is pretty lame. I mean, if you are then at least say you are and be honest about the reason why you are promoting the game, instead of saying "i highly recommend this game".

Without a hidden agenda, how do you know you can recommend a game that was just released?

On top of that, not even a brief review of the game you "highly recommend" or even a reason why you like it over the competition? Cmon now.
qft +50!!!...

Gamecenter:1337brian
01-31-2009, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Interesting, I never played them as a kid. Having one where you press down the lever for each ball would be interesting. I await to see your thoughts on it. ^ ^
I actually made an edit to the earlier post, but you might have missed it because they were only minutes apart. Basically, it's a faithful reproduction of the type of machine I used to play. Nothing more or less. There's more skill to it that a more modern pachinko game, but it's also simpler in nature.

Having played it, I think they accomplished what they set out to do (make a faithful recreation of an older machine) and in that, they should be commended. Whether this is something you will like or not, I can't really say.
01-31-2009, 10:22 AM
Quote:

I'd guess they are probably the developer or friend of the developer... which is pretty lame. I mean, if you are then at least say you are and be honest about the reason why you are promoting the game, instead of saying "I highly recommend this game".

I'm am not the developer nor a friend, just a fan of old style Pachinko games. I didn't say the game was one of my favorites (although with a couple hours of play, it's becoming so), but an example of why I love my iPod since these types of games are perfect for this platform.

No hidden agenda, just a strong recommendation for those who like Pachinko, old style.

Hey Don, you need to lighten up on the intentions of posters before you publicly display your cynicism.

Last edited by jwbrent; 01-31-2009 at 10:35 AM.
01-31-2009, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
qft +50!!!...
what does your post mean?