★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Duck Hunter, a brand new title based on the classic duck hunt formula. Shoot the ducks and pigeons that fly across the screen through multiple levels. Simple enough gameplay for casual players yet deep enough for hardcore players.

Features:

§ Simple fluid gameplay. Touch the screen to shoot the ducks or pigeons that fly across. You have 3 shots until you have to reload. Make sure to keep a finger on the reload button.

§ Clean fluid and highly polished graphics. Has the heart of the old duck hunt game style with a fresh artistic feel

§ Go through multiple settings and levels from the basic forest to the cold winter land.

§ Score enough points to advance through the levels. Watch out not to hit the doves!

§ Includes leaderboards using OpenFeint. Compete with friends and show off your scores to the world.

§ Settings: Including the ability to turn off different sounds.

Get your nostalgic fill with the retro gameplay but also experience the fresh graphics and interactive gameplay the iPhone / iPod Touch offers.

Enjoy!

Ace App's comments:
Hey all!

We would like to present to everyone our new game Duck Hunter!

Inspired by the Nintendo classic.

App: Duck Hunter
Developer: Ace App Software / Unicorn Multimedia
Price: $0.99

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/lv/app/duck-hunter/id349734969?mt=8

Desctiption:

Duck Hunter, a brand new title based on the classic duck hunt formula. Shoot the ducks and pigeons that fly across the screen through multiple levels. Simple enough gameplay for casual players yet deep enough for hardcore players.

Features:

§ Simple fluid gameplay. Touch the screen to shoot the ducks or pigeons that fly across. You have 3 shots until you have to reload. Make sure to keep a finger on the reload button.

§ Clean fluid and highly polished graphics. Has the heart of the old duck hunt game style with a fresh artistic feel

§ Go through multiple settings and levels from the basic forest to the cold winter land.

§ Score enough points to advance through the levels. Watch out not to hit the doves!

§ Includes leaderboards using OpenFeint. Compete with friends and show off your scores to the world.

§ Settings: Including the ability to turn off different sounds.

Get your nostalgic fill with the retro gameplay but also experience the fresh graphics and interactive gameplay the iPhone / iPod Touch offers.

Enjoy!
02-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Not like the old school Duck Hunt. Gets repetitive really quick which is I guess why the Leaderboards have very low scores and Levels.

I made it to Level 15 when I quit and I'm number 1 on the Leaderboards right now

In the screenshots above(Ace App's post) you can see that you get 3 shots, then you reload and repeat. I found myself counting 1-2-3-reload-1-2-3-reload after a few levels. You are supposed to avoid shooting the Doves that fly around but they become really annoying and you want to shoot them. Things fly across the screen multiple times which makes it extremely easy to kill every duck. Maybe in later versions only the Doves should fly back and forth and the ducks should just fly in a straight line off the screen.

I stopped playing because I got bored with it really quickly (before level 15...kept playing because I thought there was achievements with Openfeint).
02-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Thanks, any comments are appreciated.

Btw, I made a promo code thread here:
Promo Code Thread