★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Danger Room

In the future convicts fight for their freedom in a sick game show called 'The Danger Room'. On this show the contestant must battle through 10 rooms for their freedom but each room is different and you face aliens, soldiers, zombies, robots, demons and more, before the final battle with 'The Host'.

In each room there are weapon power ups such as shotguns, flame throwers, rocket launchers, lazers and more and there are lots of cash prizes to collect for you to spend if you can survive 'The Danger Room'.

This is a top down shooter with a 'Smash TV' style and using the on screen joysticks you can move and shoot in any direction.

This is the first game from Debug Design with loads of updates in the pipeline including extra levels, weapons and a high score table.

For more information visit: http://www.debugdesign.com/games

goiMot's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
02-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Yet another dual stick I have missed .

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan

02-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to debugdesign
An new update is imminent with new levels and alsorts...

Well worth a purchase!
02-14-2010, 03:01 PM
I played this through a number of levels...the last level I made it to was a football stadium.

I liked that each level was a different setting and there were various powerups that appeared giving you different weapons or life.

Unfortunately, the biggest issue I had was that even after a fresh reboot, I experience a lot of lag. It was unpleasant but liveable through to the football stadium, but at that point, there so many footballs and players on the screen that the game froze. Even when I picked up a bomb and heard the explosion and the "Excellent!" of the announcer, none of the players disappeared and eventually the whole screen was full of players, footballs, and me.

If you can address the lag, then this will be a fun pick up and play dual shooter with cool premise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
02-16-2010, 01:55 AM
Im interested in purchasing it, would someone recommend danger room if they have purchased it already?
02-16-2010, 11:50 AM
I would, but i'm bias... 3 new levels and a whole host of updates due very very soon...

just beta testing the new additions
02-18-2010, 10:22 AM
*** New Update just submitted to App Store ***

The Danger Room has now been updated and submitted to the AppStore with lag fixes, better graphics and story and 3 new levels.

- The Power Station
- The Snake Pit
- Room of Mirrors

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-danger-room/id354164732?mt=8

Hope you like it.

ian
02-18-2010, 10:28 AM
cool, hopefully it doesn't take apple long to approve the update

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.