★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "With bridges based on real designs and along with the unique graphics, I would highly recommend BombMaster to anyone looking for an addictive little puzzle game- 4 Stars" - www.averageapper.com

Let's destroy! Bomb master is a classic "easy to learn, hard to handle" casual game that will pull you in and won't let go. This is a new game for iphone and ipod touch where all you have to do is destroying! Feel free with your demolish thoughs.
Destroy different bridges and make it perfectly, recieve money for that, buy amunition for next adventures.
Open Feint integration is letting you become richest player around the world or become a proffesional with biggest game score. Play with friends, become better than your friends!

Features:
- realistic physics
- 4 different bomb type is avaliable
- 40 unique levels with absolutely different demolition ways
- cash rewards and ammo shop
- unique lite design
- unique task system, here you have to totally clean some area on the screen
- sync with your twitter, facebook, add friends (open feint integration)
- 2 global leaderboards (Highest demolition score and Richest player)
- achievements
- tutorial
02-13-2010, 11:59 AM
very curious, the dev's past two games haven't been that greatly received.

no fracking video anywhere again.

02-13-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm pretty interested in this. Only 40 structures, but atleast it has OpenFeint

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
02-13-2010, 12:12 PM
So is this anything like Doodle Bomb? From the name it just sounds like a knockoff, is there a video? Maybe it's completely different!

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
02-13-2010, 12:13 PM
looks a bit like implode

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
02-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Game Impressions

I've been in a physics game phase the past day or so and randomly got this. Played 5 or so levels and here are my thoughts so far if anyone's interested.

First, to answer the most obious question it IS an Implode clone. So congrats to IUGO for creating a new category of games. I love Implode and it's honestly one of the few apps I own that I've taken the time to play every level at least once. Bomb Master is the first me-too of this type whose screenshots gave me the same impression I got from Implode's, simplicity. I was right.

Gameplay is the same in concept. Each level is a different structure you have to blow up using any combo of the 4 different types of explosives.

Where Bomb Master differs:

- the better you do on a level, the more money you make. You use this money to buy the bombs you plant. This let's you build an inventory of explosives giving the option of a balanced mix of all 4 or just 1 if you have a favorite. It also means you can use any combination with up to five used per level. No restrictions.

- to place a bomb you use more of a targeting reticle. Touch anywhere on the screen and move the box to the point you want to to plant. A little message will pop up saying if you can plant there. To actually plant you hot the donut in the lower lefthamd corner and a wheel pops out with pics of the explosives. Tap which one you want and you have it, it plants. When you're done placing, tap the plunger in the righthand corner and see what happens. I kind of like this setup more than the tap with the magnifier. It seems to be more precise and makes aiming a little easier.

- the goal for completeing a level is a little different as well. In Implode you have to get everything below the line at least. In Bomb Master there's a boxed outlined with a moving dotted line. You have to clear this area of any part of the stucture including debris.

The physics work pretty well too. Some of the debris from the bigger blasts seem to float a little longer than they should but it's not game altering in any way.

- another minor differenceis so far the structures seem to primarily be bridges where Implode's are more buildings.

Overall the game runs smooth from the aiming to the button responsiveness (is that a word?) to the blasts. It all comes together. The sound effects are simple but suit the game and help complete the package.

The visual style is a take on Implode as well. Where IUGO used the chalkboard style Bomb Master goes with blueprints. Also done well. Structures appear in yellow, explosives are red, the dotted target area, and the background drawings in white. All on blue. It alls well done.

If you haven't played Implode I'd say buy that first. It's $1.99 compared to $.99 but a lot more levels, the physics system is a little better, and it's the original. If have and are looking for something like it Bomb Master is the way to go. It's shares the same concept, gameplay, sounds, visual style, and like I said before, simplicity that made Implode fun.

Sorry for all the Implode comparisons but I have to call it for what it is, a me-too. But it is a me-too that's the same but with enough variation to make it different. I don't regret buying.

Hope this helps. Thanks for reading.
02-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Should have proofread that before posting. Sorry for the spelling and grammar errors.
02-14-2010, 01:27 AM
Thanks a lot for the review! Much appreciated.
02-14-2010, 02:56 AM
keep up the great work, I hope to see you around the forums more often. Your skills and personality are refreshing to see on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0||b1_G-zus View Post
I've been in a physics game phase the past day or so and randomly got this. Played 5 or so levels and here are my thoughts so far if anyone's interested.

First, to answer the most obious question it IS an Implode clone. So congrats to IUGO for creating a new category of games. I love Implode and it's honestly one of the few apps I own that I've taken the time to play every level at least once. Bomb Master is the first me-too of this type whose screenshots gave me the same impression I got from Implode's, simplicity. I was right.

Gameplay is the same in concept. Each level is a different structure you have to blow up using any combo of the 4 different types of explosives.

Where Bomb Master differs:

- the better you do on a level, the more money you make. You use this money to buy the bombs you plant. This let's you build an inventory of explosives giving the option of a balanced mix of all 4 or just 1 if you have a favorite. It also means you can use any combination with up to five used per level. No restrictions.

- to place a bomb you use more of a targeting reticle. Touch anywhere on the screen and move the box to the point you want to to plant. A little message will pop up saying if you can plant there. To actually plant you hot the donut in the lower lefthamd corner and a wheel pops out with pics of the explosives. Tap which one you want and you have it, it plants. When you're done placing, tap the plunger in the righthand corner and see what happens. I kind of like this setup more than the tap with the magnifier. It seems to be more precise and makes aiming a little easier.

- the goal for completeing a level is a little different as well. In Implode you have to get everything below the line at least. In Bomb Master there's a boxed outlined with a moving dotted line. You have to clear this area of any part of the stucture including debris.

The physics work pretty well too. Some of the debris from the bigger blasts seem to float a little longer than they should but it's not game altering in any way.

- another minor differenceis so far the structures seem to primarily be bridges where Implode's are more buildings.

Overall the game runs smooth from the aiming to the button responsiveness (is that a word?) to the blasts. It all comes together. The sound effects are simple but suit the game and help complete the package.

The visual style is a take on Implode as well. Where IUGO used the chalkboard style Bomb Master goes with blueprints. Also done well. Structures appear in yellow, explosives are red, the dotted target area, and the background drawings in white. All on blue. It alls well done.

If you haven't played Implode I'd say buy that first. It's $1.99 compared to $.99 but a lot more levels, the physics system is a little better, and it's the original. If have and are looking for something like it Bomb Master is the way to go. It's shares the same concept, gameplay, sounds, visual style, and like I said before, simplicity that made Implode fun.

Sorry for all the Implode comparisons but I have to call it for what it is, a me-too. But it is a me-too that's the same but with enough variation to make it different. I don't regret buying.

Hope this helps. Thanks for reading.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
02-14-2010, 08:02 AM
This game is nice and fun. I have noticed though, as you progress through the levels and amass money, it's a nicely difficult pace to conserve bombs. There is a glitch, or I think it's a glitch where say I'm on level 12 and have 5 of the single sticks of dynamite and $700; if I exit to the menu and come back to level 12 I'll have a fresh stock of explosives and my $700.

This kind of defeats the challenge of the game. Hopefully the dev will come here and read feedback. The game overall is very nicely presented. I think the physics are consistant and believable. The graphics and UI are great. I'm happy with this for $1

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon