★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Straight from the 80's, for connoisseurs of vintage games.

Try to beat the World Record!

Emerald: 25 points.
Gold: 500 points.
Killing a Nobbin or a Hobbin by shooting or hitting with a bag: 250 points.
Bonus: 1,000 points.
(In bonus mode) Eating a Nobbinor a Hobbin : 200 points for first, 400 for 2nd, etc. (doubling each time) - still 250 for other methods of killing, though.
At every multiple of 20,000 points you get an extra life.

Follow us on http://twitter.com/Tinsgames
02-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Oh my god, TOFTTing this is my birthright. Played this when I was little and was my favourite game along with Alley Cat. Back soon!

02-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Has it been pulled from the app store?
02-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Has it been pulled from the app store?
hmmm, looks like it...shows as not available in US app store

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
02-14-2010, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
hmmm, looks like it...shows as not available in US app store
Does anyone know if it was a copyright situation? So glad I got it when it was out.
02-14-2010, 04:46 AM
Copyright is ok, but it's true - for some reason sometimes you can't buy it(perhaps AppStore is bugging)
02-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Ok any Digger fans should definitely pick this up. While some of the audio elements are missing/different like sound effects and the theme lacking the tinny quality in the original game, I'm stoked to have something that 95% resembles the original (the grave stone is different from memory and I think the level layouts aren't quite the same). 3.5/5 which will be a 4 if a patch comes out with the original sound fx/music. Some sounds are missing like the gold being collected, how in the original you had that 'deladeladeladeladahdahdahdahhhh' , the noise when a monster is crushed, the fire button is pushed or gold topples (falling noise but no wobble one). The ground texture is also different. So some of the nostalgic value is lost because of these differences.

Sorry this review is shoddy compared to my last two but Digger fans only need to know that it's a great recreation and those who haven't played it before, it's a fun pick up and play title. I'm just not sure how many levels there are since I've only played one completely and am now going back to watch the Winter Games :P

Last edited by TouchChatterbox; 02-14-2010 at 05:59 AM.
02-14-2010, 08:39 AM
it is still available on iTunes . just do a power search on idigger classic.

grab it before it is gone.
02-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Lite version is on AppStore!

05-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Now FREE for one day.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)